1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2k15]Rockets... What if?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Sep 13, 2014.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

It's that time of the year again.

As the long NBA summer winds down and training camps are getting ready to start, it also means the dawn of a new iteration of NBA video games.

NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15.

Here is a trailer entitled "What if?"... in the video the Rockets are featured when the question is posed "What if you could create any lineup for any game?"

As Shaq poses the question we see James Harden make a pass to his big man... But what big man is that...

Jump to the 56 second mark to see...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A5AQ2RrCpuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden and Dream. Lethal combo

4. YourSecretLover

Let Dream guard the wing and let Harden guard the center

1 person likes this.
  5. Chamillionaire

Akeem. Not to get mixed up with Hakeem.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

The greatest what if trade ever for Houston Rockets.

Sampson for Drexler and the 1986 2nd pick(Jordan)

1 person likes this.
  7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The Rockets wouldn't have drafted Jordan if they received Drexler it would be pointless to have two starting guards. They probably would have gone with Barkley or Perkins.

However what if the Rockets drafted Jordan he would have been a back up to Drexler and a glorified 6th man similar to John Havlicek. No MJ. No such thing as Jordan shoes.

I like the first what if better... having the same 96-97 team core but in their primes? We would be sitting here talking about back-to-back-to-back-to-back titles.

8. YaosDirtyStache

This is dumb, as I already paired Harden and Dream together in MYTEAM in 2k13 and 2k14....

Why are they even advertising a mode thats been in the game for 2 year?

What an odd strategy. I just want new legends or flashback players like tmac and yao.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's why there is so much hype that it is going to be on PC this year. Modders can create any legend you can think of and unlock hidden files for players that used to be in the game like T-Mac and Yao. All that freedom with fully loaded next gen game on PC is going to be insane.

The only two things i get tired of are the limited signature moves for stars. There needs to be like 50 different animations for stars to give them their real life feel. There needs to be different animations for running and dribbling etc as well. I hate how everyone runs the same and only like 5 different dribbling options.
    You will never play like Jordan or DREAM or Shaq or Kobe like real life till you add tons and tons of their actual moves. I don't know about where the technology is, but shouldn't it be to where you can scan and copy video clips of historic players to get the movement correct instead of getting a guy in MOCAP to mimic players the best he can?
    I get that it would take too much space if every individual has so many different animations. But, it would be nice to at least get doubled amount of dunk animations, dribble animations and different shots. I hate taking a jumper in a set shot stance especially when a defender is right in your face. There needs to be set shots and jump shots and then all the runners and shot off the dribble animations for all players.

I also wish they would add a facial recognition software to scan or upload your face into the game. The biggest reason for this is because i get tired of seeing generic players in draft classes. I can never play those modes because the league gets filled with stupid looking generic players that all sort of resemble each other like cousins and even twin brothers. With the software, i could upload a pic of some of the next up and coming college players and high school players for future draft classes. FIFA, PES, UFC, etc all do it, why can't a basketball game do it where you see the players up close and personal more than soccer. If not, revamp the Create a Player. It's garbage and always has been.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think I'd rather have Hakeem and Tracy paired together than Harden and Hakeem.
    I'm 100% sure Tracy would defer a lot more to Hakeem and T-Mac played pretty damn well with Yao.

11. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

How about Tmac and Yao.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I still have no idea why they kept making games after NBA Live 95'. There is no point. That game was perfect. AND it had Hakeem in it.

13. Zbed

Zbed Member

2K14 was poop I hope 15 is better

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sega Genesis and NBA Live 95 were great. No need to buy NBA 2K15 when Genesis can be had for so cheap.

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The biggest what if for Houston basketball is the 1984 draft possibly pairing Hakeem, Drexler and a 2nd overall pick whether it be Jordan or Barkey.

And of course, the Yao and TMac era without injuries. By the time the team was ready for them to seriously compete (when Morey became GM) it was too late. :(

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

2k14 on next gen was terrible but 15 finally bringing back missing features (create-a-player and association)

17. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

the real nba season begins