1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reverse Racism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by downbytheriver, Sep 11, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

I brought this up the other day in a troll thread, thought we might start a discussion in a real thread.

Here's the highest rated comment in a mike tyson youtube video, and i believe it echoes the sentiments of many minorities

"White people are truly evil and I have no clue why. I honestly believe they are born that way. Like most Chinese are smart, most African Americans are athletic, or uniquely talented, most Arabic are highly determined to do whatever, most Hispanics are very hardworking. WHITE PEOPLE can be the above HOWEVER it's only to belittle the next person. They want to be smart enough to enslave other races legally, talented enough to profit while being racist, and work insanely hard to keep other races beneath them even though out of all races they are the most evil, weird, disgusting , lawless creatures to exist. **** WHITE PEOPLE. I don't think their is a more ignorant and annoying race."

It's this hateful mentality that is brewing in many clusters across the US and one that will take time to wipe out. How can we go about doing it? Does it truly correlate to generations of poverty, like one poster pointed out to me?

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

YouTube comments

/thread

3. downbytheriver

big deal. there is a real issue of resentment towards whites by minorities and you see it constantly in the news. one stupid youtube comment doesn't speak for everyone, but it's part of a bigger issue.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

As a white male I feel ZERO resentment towards my race, personally.

Can you give some examples of minorities resenting whites please? BC it seems to be cherry picking

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's not "brewing" anywhere, just like in the Kroger thread you're amplifying one incident or remark to some kind of societal or subcultural trend. Virtually all minorities understand that we are just that, that the bulk of our experiences will involve people who look nothing like us and that we must focus on other traits or criteria to accurately and efficiently engage, evaluate and exploit. Those who do resent whites already suffer from narcissism that has narrowed their outlook and stifled their initiative to the point that they only interact with their own kind and shut down socially or behaviorally when that's not numerically feasible. The disparate "dependency" factor between respective white and non-whites makes this self-seclusion more costly for non-whites and possibly feeds on the existing resentment. But understand that most blacks recognize not only the history and morality of racial disparities, but accept the resulting social functionality more readily and continuously than most media portray.

2 people like this.
  6. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

When you confuse words like "their" and "there", I don't put any stock into anything your dumb ass just said.

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

It's YouTube. Go to any video where a minority is the subject and you'll likely see a racist remark there somewhere in the comments, even if the subject is non-trivial as cooking. I can find racist remarks in the Mike Tyson video against Blacks. It's always been like this and will continue to be so. The good news is, people that think this way are in the minority.

#7 Kyakko, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Seems like you got the white boy blues. There is only one cure for that.

9. joepu

joepu Member

Yup and asians shorter than 7 ft shouldn't be in the nba.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

"Reverse racism" is a dumb phrase, there is only racism

1 person likes this.
  11. downbytheriver

the increased incidents of black gangs or individuals attacking innocent whites? the anger about it being a white man's world in rap music? so there's no revolution on the border, but incidents and RHETORIC have been on the rise -- no doubt about that.

12. downbytheriver

Thanks, think you hit on a vital point I glanced over - the liberal media and everything wrong it portrays. I by no means judge an entire group based on the actions of some idiots who's sole purpose is to clamor for attention, but the lib media has a disturbing influence on the young demographic... especially those in single mother households with no father figure and no OTHERWORLDLY talent like being the next nba superstar.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I'm white and this thread makes me laugh. I am so sorry that you got butthurt from YOUTUBE COMMENTS! Grow some thicker skin man.

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Please show some evidence, in the form of statistics or numbers, that shows an increasing incidence of "black gangs or individuals attacking innocent whites." I suspect you believe there is such an increase as Fox trumpets such incidents whenever they occur, but I haven't seen any evidence that backs up the rhetoric.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Exactly this. You make a claim based on nothing but a comment from an unknown. You got nothing. Backup your points. Until then, it's all in your head spinning and escalating stories of white haters.

16. g1184

g1184 Member

I wonder what "reverse racism" would look like. People hating their own race? still sounds like regular racism. People loving a certain race more? Maybe that's reverse discrimination ... i'm sure there's a scenario for reverse racism.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The fact that you used the term "reverse racism" shows that you are most likely completely uninformed on this topic and probably not worth discussing with.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Youtube comments? yeah right:

[​IMG]

19. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Did you forget the 90's?

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Thank you - I've always HATED when someone used that phrase. Its all just racism.