1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Live the #WUNlife
    Is Vemma Verve still alive?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, ACN is the biggest load of **** out there. I went to a presentation once and it was so awkward. This guy who presented was about 50 years old and had this random 17 or 18 year old girl as his sidekick. She would laugh (almost sarcastically it seems) at his terrible jokes. There was about five of us there listening, plus myself. I went because my friend wanted me to go and told me her bf needed people on his "team". The whole meeting I'm sitting there like this is a load of crap, wtf, and the guy presenting and his sidekick could obviously tell. He kept saying "bro this is some good stuff right here" or "come on bro, you can really make it with this...what are you going to school for? Law? Okay what do you think that one guy who went to Harvard but didn't follow Mark Zuckerberg with Facebook feel like now? Do you want to be like him?". I'm just like, I think that guy is doing just fine.

One of the funniest parts of the presentation was when he was saying where the "convention" would be held at in Houston. He kept saying, "Oh, we usually have it at the Hilton conference room, but this year it will be at this address". I google the address on my phone and it is some rinky dink hall on the Southwest side. Yes, millionaires with ACN would hold conventions there.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People are more likely to buy if another is. That guy in the audience was planted.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what guy in the audience are you referring to?

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

A buddy once did a "presentation" for me once. Just the way he bothered me night and day forcing his way to do his little show-and-tell was enough to deter me away. My favorite part was his introduction with something like "do you want to be successful/rich?" and then continues to belittle everything I'm doing (going to school and working a real job). I told him I like my job and I don't do it for the money and I'm already a success. But of course he pretends like he never heard it. He gave me like a good 20-30 minute presentation of high-octane bullpoop, in which I openly ignored.

Then in the end he hands me this CD and told me to gather my family at home in the living room to listen to his stupid MLM founder's lecture. I wanted to say "who the **** gathers his family to listen to a **** CD??" but chose the easy way out and say OK. I threw the CD away and we pretty much don't talk anymore.

I hope he finds Jesus.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

who left me this anonymous rep..

"big shocker"

big shocker that I got scammed or big shocker that I learned something from it? you gotta be more specific mr anonymous

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Its time for my story as well as making this a yearly bump to remind people how ridiculious this is. First of i found it hilarious how as soon as i typed in clutchfans pyramid scheme, acn popped up first.
    So first my bestfriends cousin (his roomate) starts hitting me up regularly for a business meeting. Eventually we go to hus "mentors" house who is well off rich, speaking off of a PowerPoint in his full living room.
    Thank god they had the pay after ten days of signing up because i was not trying to crush him the hard way. For the next ten days he keeps asking when im ready to officially become a member, i tell him i have no skill for his trade. After that my bestfriend gets word im not joining and starts hitting me with the if you are a true friend you'd do this...lmao
    So his cousin keeps pursuing me after that here and there which wasn't too bad but what is hilarious is how he and his little cult live this nonstop on fb. Every post is im looking for motivated individuals blah blah, and the rest of the posts are low blows to the people who dont want to join, i mentioned to him a year down the line if i see his real success *rollseyes* then i would join, so he combats with "when i become successful the only people i will stay in touch with is my friends and family who support me in my plans...good riddance I say, it is so true how they take the me vs the world approache.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

hilarious
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PunwijGHZCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've figured out a way to deal with this. Always have a massive and boring presentation handy on your cellphone or cloud storage. Edit it to make it beyond the realm of possibility. When someone asks to meet with you for one of these, say you'll agree to do it if they also listen to what you have to say. These desperate b*stards will accept. Then you start with your presentation and you go on forever. Even if you run out of slides, go on forever. Make stuff up. Two, three hours. Whatever it takes. When they finally try to leave, don't forget to yell out "don't forget to tell your friends about me!!"

Next day, drop the guy a text asking if he's thought about what you said. You'll never get approached again.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Crossfit has got to be a pyramid scheme somehow, the people are equally annoying in the exact same way.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey fans do the same thing. They try to persuade you with mere stats. You are not a true fan if you dont support him. How Hardens Mpv is equal if not better than advancing in the playoffs. How Harden and Jordan have the same stats. Stay sucka free.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I was at a cash poker game, when the game host invited one of these idiots to the game to promote their BS about ACN. They are trying to bundle telecom and energy services to customers, and were hoping to recruit fellow poker friends to a meeting here in Houston. At the end of the meeting, I gave the dude a fake telephone # and told the host of the poker game... "fck you"...never went there again.