1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN drops bomb on Ravens and the NFL -- They KNEW everything about Ray Rice video...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by torocan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

True, but I do love their timing on this...crapping right on Goodell after his speech.

Heads must roll, and Roger needs to lead the way. Im hoping enough sponsors drop out where the owners feel like they need to make a big move before things get sloppier.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Roger's head needs to roll.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Anyone reading that OTL article pictured Goodell as nothing more than the w**** of certain owners? It's despicable.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I feel the same way. Put me in the crowd of people who doesn't find this to be a big deal. Goodell has always been known to be overly hard on players, and even gave Ben Roethlisberger a 4 game suspension on a charge that was dropped with no tape.

I think Goodell mishandled this initially by not giving Rice a 4 game suspension which seems to have been the norm for him, and already made this a discussion topic before the 2nd tape came out. Only after the 2nd tape came out should have warranted a longer suspension. Which I would have only made for 1 year, and not indefinite. These are football players, not politicians. We have been watching a NFL product for years that has been made up of criminals so I don't know why it's such a big deal now.

This is America where talented people who can bring in a ton of money for someone will always get work and paid well for it. If you disagree and feel horrible about cheering for immoral athletes then stop going to games. I won't because I've been knowingly doing it for years.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The sad thing is that there are more criminals in the senate than in the NBA and NFL combined.

Also, it's a big deal now bc it has to do with money, sponsors, image, etc... The NFL was never nearly as big or as important years ago. Much in the same way Hope Solo and Floyd Mayweather aren't getting attention...bc nobody cares about soccer and boxing.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

So the Ravens kinda shat all over this report. :)

#27 J.R., Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is the only part not disputed by the Ravens.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN's been quietly editing its bombshell Ray Rice report since OTL published it on Friday. Every change we found: <a href="http://t.co/2sKGLXIyUc">http://t.co/2sKGLXIyUc</a></p>&mdash; Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/514873190519431169">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>