1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone have the play with D. Green forearm to back of T. Jones neck?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, May 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know ESPN only showed it really quickly, when they were trying to say it was T. Jones throwing a elbow at Green.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jackson and JVG disagreed about this play. Fans need to stop with the "ESPN was trying to say..." when the announcers are split.

And guess what? On review, Mark Jackson was right. Jones did wind up to throw an elbow, he just didn't follow through. Now, JVG was also right that Green was putting a forearm into the back of his head lol.

Honestly that should have been a double tech.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah. I'm tired of our guys being penalized for retaliating. It should have been a foul on Green. A whistle goes off, Jones doesn't retaliate. To me, it doesn't make sense to accept a technical because the refs aren't doing their job.

4. justtxyank

Jones didn't even give the referees a chance to call a foul. His elbow was cocked as soon as he felt contact.

I don't blame him, and agree with you that it should have been a foul on Green, but once that elbow gets cocked you can't just let it go. I mean he is a Rocket, not a Mav or a Warrior so you have to call something.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Them giving Jones a T basically gave them unlimited time to call a foul on Green, they just decided not to. I agree the Rockets are quick the throw arms around when they're getting fouled to push guys off, but it's ridiculous how many holds, grabs, elbows and pushes these teams have gotten away with (uncalled) and Houston been penalized on the retaliation.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Green is a dirty player.

1 person likes this.
  7. justtxyank

The coaches need to be beating into the heads of these players that they can't retaliate.

This is who the Warriors are. Bogut and Green foul, foul and foul some more. They both buy into the theory that if you foul on every play the refs just won't call it. They've gotten away with all season. The team should be prepared for it to continue as long as this series does. Can't keep throwing elbows, even if you feel justified. The referees have proven to you for the third straight series that they will not punish a team for fouling us in the paint but they will punish us for retaliating.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Repped. Not because this is a very deep or insightful comment, only because it is so true.

1 person likes this.
  9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So winding up an elbow but not throwing it should be a tech? You gotta be kidding me. what's next, technical fouls for thinking about how they deserve one ?

Mark said he threw one. He didn't. Dude had his forearm against his neck... no call.

Guess what... that's ridiculous.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Man up t Jones and get him back on the court with ur play.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Apparently, it is too much to even have a normal human response to being physically assaulted. So not only can you not throw an elbow in response to being hit but you can't even wind it up before abandoning the whole throwing it part a split second later.

If you're a Rocket the NBA is now policing your thoughts as well as your actions on the court.

If we lose this series, I hope somebody lays a series smackdown on Green, Bogut or Curry. Or all of them.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IMO, If he doesn't follow through . .. then it didn't happen. .. . .
    Why penalize a guy for what he thought about doing but then used his better judgement and didn't do it?????

D*mned if you do . .. D*mned if you don't
    He might as well had put one in the SleezStak's grill

Rocket River

13. basketballholic

Just speaks to the inconsistency of the officiating.

1. Blow the whistle and give Jones a tech when he held back from throwing.

2. Don't blow the whistle when Green has his forearm in his neck.

3. Blow the whistle and T up Dwight for throwing a punch when he was pushed, then grabbed, then held.

4. During the same stoppage, right when the technical occurred, don't blow the personal foul on Bogut.

5. Let Harden get banged twice coming down the lane with no call.

6. A split-second later on the inbounds, call the 2-hand touch foul against Smoove's defender at the request of the Warriors.

7. Let the Dubs put two hands all over Harden and Howard before the Rox are in the bonus without blowing the whistle.

8. Once the Rox are in the bonus, let the Dubs selectively ask for fouls to be called against them and send Dwight and Smoove to the free throw line.

The absurdity of NBA officiating.

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Who cares! None of this matters... The outcome has already been written. They want a Lebron Vs. Curry match-up. The way the Cavs were officiated after the all-star break and the league allowing the Warriors style of illegal screens and dirty plays etc... is all premeditated. Don't take this stuff to seriously. Just support the team like I used to like the Rock. It was fake as hell but I liked it. Who doesn't like reality TV.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I care. We are going to play at least 7 more games this year.

16. xAliceInChains

Green has done so many dirty things this series that I've lost count. This dude would have been targeted in the past.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Would like Dorsey to earn his salary and check into one of these games and just wallop Bogut or Green. Forearm hammer to the face. An elbow shot to an unguarded kidney. Clothesline on a layup attempt. If Curry gets hit in the process, that's fine, too.

18. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Not according to Draymond Greene he isn't ... Seriously wish someone would stomp on his god damn head the next time he takes a dive after fouling the **** out of one of our players (TJ has been abused by this dick quite a few times now with no calls) and as per script NOT being called for it. Other than Chris Paul I don't think there is a player in the NBA I despise more than this d******d goon.

19. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

See Knicks '93-'94