1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LAFIRMA22, Aug 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1df_i26wh-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That boy is the devil. I'm not even going to pray for him to reconsider his choice.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Feel bad for the guy. Had they reacted like that in my presence, I would've kicked their ass. You don't attack somebody like that. If you disagree, you keep it to yourself. You turn the other cheek. Attacking your own kin and calling them a disgrace is what's disgraceful. Wish this fellow could know that there are many people out there who support him. Family should be the closest support, but when they're not there, it's really up to communities to stand up and support their people.

4. likestohypeguy

It is not a CHOICE whether they have to antagonize their parents with it on video for facebook likes- you're either born a massive attention w**** troll or you're not.

5. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

That science vs religions debate..smh

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What ****ty parents. He is better off without them.

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

$50k+ in 2 days on gofundme.com

I'd say considering their reaction (kicking him out) he made the right decision. He'll probably gross well over $100k before it's all said and done.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Don't think they knew he was filming. I think he had it to record the conversation. And rightfully so. He was assaulted and has evidence of it.

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Wow, this person raised 63k in one day for living expenses.

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Link?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I seriously hope this does not turn out to be some kind of hoax.
    Its sad but nowadays people with 'prank' ect about anything

50K is a nice start in life.

Rocket River

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good point. This is likely real, but with the money he's raking in due to being thrown to the curb, we can expect copycats trying for a buck.

Remind me to never give money to a gofundme person without first being 100% it isn't a scam.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

For him to confront his parents like that, and for him to post it all over the interwebs is a bit too much. I'd just handle this personally somewhere else or discuss it with someone else, like professional help, but there's no reason to post personal or family matters like this.

I am not justifying the family's actions as right or as wrong, and his choice to tell them right now or way back as right or wrong, or what he does in his private sexual life is right or wrong, I'm simply saying that it's not necessary. Why does he need to "raise money" to live somewhere else? Is he 18? Get yourself a job, young man. :eek:
    It's on the "INFO" section of the YouTurd. :p You could have just clicked.

http://www.gofundme.com/dnoqgg

1 person likes this.
  14. body slam

body slam Member

I'm sure at times this is a common reaction, but this seemed staged.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

rednecks man

1 person likes this.
  16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure what is worse: this dude attention whoring, his family or the fact he is getting paid like this.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL thats the generation these days. Everything is posted on social media. And social media is so important to them. I only use it for ****s and giggles but for some people, its part of everyday life.

Can yall imagine how many gay kids that got kicked out, are kicking themselves in the ass right now (puns intended), after hearing this kid raised 60k to live on his own?

"What?!?!? All I could have done was post the reaction of my parents on youtube and I wouldn't have had to make a living on my own and instead crowd funded my living expenses."

18. SwoLy-D

^ You asked about "how many gay kids" but... with this video, now many kids might just "become gay" and be able to pull that off just to get funded... you know? :rolleyes:

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

perhaps he recorded the conversation because he knew that it might turn violent

20. SwoLy-D

:eek: Check it: At about 3:37, he is the one who FIRST approaches the person who then felt threatened and acted physically violent... perhaps in 'defense' of the body language of "Daniel."