1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gamer gets "Swatted"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KDJ3, Aug 29, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i saw one of these and the kid ended up having an ounce of mar1juana that the SWAT team found, so they arrested him.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Why do 2-3 cops yell at you when they bust in? It should be one cop designated to be the speaker and he should speak loudly but calmly. The way those cops busted in encourages civilians to panic/freak out.

3. fallenphoenix

they may think it's a home invasion and shoot them, then the cops would light them up.

bad situation.

4. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

My counter-argument to that would be this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LTGfzq2UNlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

People that were watching her stream contacted some people who got in touch with the police and caught the intruders. Had she not been streaming, no one would have known what was happening and she could have been killed or, at the best, out a few expensive items.

Of course not everyone would have people watching them, just playing devil's advocate :p

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Exactly. What if they broke in while I was whacking off. It's huge so it could be seen as a clear weapons threat and they might shoot me.

6. tallanvor

multiple people yelling at me doesn't make it seem like less of an invasion.

Then one cop should firmly tell you to put away the weapon (weiner). 3 of them should not yell at you to put it away.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Uh....if they have reason to believe that you are holding someone hostage or someone is in danger....should they not kick the door in prepared to shoot? What if it was not a hoax? They obviously didn't shoot anyone but I understand not wanting to be shot ha. I am no advocate of police but the person who made the fake call is the one who is the dip****. We are all just saying that the trend is stupid. No one wins in this. You can try to take some humor from it because nothing can change that it happened but the overall situation is not funny at all. It is like calling in a bomb threat.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

People need to get lives. This is pathetic

9. fallenphoenix

that's my point. i was agreeing with you

10. tallanvor

11. likestohypeguy

When i read the title I imagined it was a publicity stunt where j.j. watt runs in & swat's the controls out of a gamer's hands then everyone lol's.

Actually that guy took it pretty well. He was like "well looks like I'm getting swatted", let the police know they were being streamed in case they were going to do something that would have gotten them in trouble, even explained what streaming was, and complied when they got mad because it looked like he thought something was funny. And something was. Bravo if not fake.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that so many people with antisocial personality disorders gravitate towards gaming, but jesus what a bunch of dip*****.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Theres an article out there saying some punk kid got 25 years for this. He cried a little. Totally deserved it.

15. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Damn. Guess it was a fake article. That's what I get for believing everything that'd on the internet. From now on I will only trust Wikipedia.

1 person likes this.
  17. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Definitely not fake, guy is a class act.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

damn was that the local police or seal team 6!!!