1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does this mean that I've accepted Rocket mediocrity? Rocket rookies rock!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zilches, Jan 15, 2008.

1. zilches

zilches Member

It could just be me, but I've gotten to where I have lost interest in watching the games, that is, until Landry, Brooks, and Scola hit the floor - and preferable all 3 at the same time.

I admit to a few moments of Steve Francis thrills, especially the Phoenix game that he took over in the final minutes. But really, the old Rockets all seem stale, predictable, and just flat out mediocre.

Anybody else like me, that just wants to see the rookies develop? (Too bad that Scola and Landry play the same spot, eh?)

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Nah, its just our rookies have more potential and future.

We already know what our other players can do - make dumb decisions in the 4th quarter.

3. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

Lost interest in watching the games???

Never!

Even after this soul raping loss I'm looking forward to our battle with the Spurs.

Admittedly, I get really pumped when Scola, Brooks or Landry does something on the court.

I love our Rookies.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm at the same point. The way I feel right now is how I felt back in the 05/06 season. These losses just aren't bothering me like they should. I have no expectations any more for this season.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

boo-hoo, get a tissue

Never stop watching the games, NEVER.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The last 2 losses were 2 of the hardest to swallow. We could have easily won them and we would be 5 games above .500 and I would be very optimistic about the future. But we lost them and are barely above 500 and I am almost ready to give up on the playoffs this year and say let's develop the rockets.

I enjoy watching our rookies. But only because they outplay the starters on most nights. I wish they would get minutes just so they would be ready if by some long shot we make the playoffs.

7. zilches

zilches Member

Exactly, the starters and vets are boring me to tears. The rookies bring the excitement and creativity, and I'm pleased that coach is giving them what seems to be more playing time.

And it might also mean that Coach has resigned himself to Rocket mediocrity.

8. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Yeah. At least watching the bench players play is more enjoyable. Although there is still a probability that they make the Playoffs, but I don't see them doing anything special in the Playoffs even if they could make it. So, just need a perspective to enjoy the game. :(

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

AB, Landry, and Scola are upgrades over Head and Hayes.