1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads up] JVG about to join the Dan Patrick Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Jun 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You can tune in to 97.5 FM if you're in Houston, or go to their site to listen in...

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Anyone listen? Lol

3. tigermission1

JVG will be in the next hour (2pm central).

Grant Hill, Danny Ferry (Cavs GM), Jon Barry (on now), and JVG later on...how is that for an NBA lineup in less than a couple of hours? :eek:

Love me some NBA talk!

4. tigermission1

Whoe! Jon Barry with an interesting Rocket-related comment...

Barry: "Some guys are just not tough, it's not their style. I played with Tracy McGrady, is he a tough player? No. He's a finesse player, incredibly talented."

Dan: "Does Tracy McGrady have the killer instinct?"

Jon: "I don't think so, no."

Dan: "Do you think T-Mac and Lebron are comparable?"

Jon: "Yeah, there are a lot of similarities, but I think Tracy has a bit more of a killer instinct than Lebron right now."

The context was a conversation about Lebron's game and his style of play. Thought I would share that tidbit. :)

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Don't Jon's first comment and his last kind of contradict each other?

6. JusBleezy

It's not working for me. Does anyone have a direct link to the stream? Thanks in advance.

7. GRENDEL

8. JusBleezy

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I don't think so. I think he's saying that Tracy is soft, but Lebron is even softer.

10. tigermission1

Uh-oh! It looks like Jon Barry will be in studio when JVG comes on...this should be fun :D

His brother was on earlier, it was pretty funny stuff.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

interesting tidbit about hakeem talking to Ramsey after the games in the finals.

12. tigermission1

Yeah, basically. His justification is that Lebron is more 'physically dominant' as a player (duh! Look at his body) but somehow fails to use that physical advantage he has.

Needless to say, no one will ever mistaken T-Mac's 'wirey' built for Lebron's...

Very. Apparently Ramsey would never approach a player about something, but will help if a player approaches him, and Dream did so often.

#12 tigermission1, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  13. tigermission1

Dan: "Your career, job is on the line, last shot of the game: T-Mac, Jon Barry, or Reggie Miller?"

JVG: "Reggie was a fearless guy...Jon didn't have the quick release like Reggie."

-------------------------

Dan: "Right now: Lebron James or Tracy McGrady?"

JVG: "Lebron is on course to be a great one, but right now it would have to be Tracy. If I had to win one game, Tracy right now. People get on him for not getting out of the 1st round, but if you put a lot of guys in the West right now, they would be in same position. I have never more discrepancy between the two conferences than right now. But Mac and Lebron are very gifted with their court vision."

JVG on Yao: "Yao averaging more in his fifth year than Dream. He's on course to be one of the greatest scorers in this league. He won't average less than 25 ppg for a while to come. The one thing he must control is turnovers, but he's devastating in everything else on the court, including FTs."

Dan: "Patrick Ewing or Dream?"

JVG: "Well...Pat sat me up for life, I should donate funds to him (laughter). But seriously, you have to say Olajuwon because he accomplished more with 2 rings. That year in 94 it came down to homecourt, we both had same wins, but very close."

Dan: "One game: Ewing or Dream?"

JVG: "::hesitant:: Olajuwon more accomplished, but I will say Ewing because that's whom I am familiar with." (My take on this: JVG wanted to pick Dream, but he's still loyal to Ewing and his hesitation told me everything I needed, including the qualifier on Pat: "because I world with him")

Dan: "Best PG in history"

JVG: "When I think PG I am thinking smaller guards. I would say Stockton. Nash is in the conversation if he keeps it up."

--------------------------------

Anyways, really good stuff from Jon and JVG, hope no one missed it because there was a LOT of Rocket talk (former and current greats).

#13 tigermission1, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

god damn this is a good interview.

15. thacabbage

they both took mcgrady over lebron btw, one game to win right now.

16. GRENDEL

They both took T-mac over Lebron, at this moment, if they had to win one game.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree. I am highly entertained.

18. thacabbage

"scoring more than olajuwon in his 5th year"..."on target to be one of the great scorers in NBA history for a big man" - jvg on yao ming

19. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

20. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

lots of praise for T-Mac and Yao..now talking Hakeem vs Ewing