1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Macbook Air Water Dmg

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I spilled some water on my MBA while it was off. After 48 hours under a fan I turned it back on and the keyboard isn't working properly. I took it into the Apple Store and they said everything is working except for the keyboard, but because there was water damage, they want to replace everything in it for $755.

*I believe he said everything worked except the keyboard, but looking back on it, maybe he said they needed to replace the logic board as well (because he did say that external keyboards weren't an option).*

I see other sites that offer to fix it for $400 or so. Anyone have any recommendations? Should I try and replace the keyboard myself (I've built PCs in the past, so I know my way around computer parts)? My concern is that if other parts need replacing such as the Logic Board, maybe I'd be better off paying someone.

Thanks in advance.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

The Apple Stores are bound by consumer protection laws for water damage. Specifically, if a computer is liquid damaged, they have to replace every liquid damaged part, not just the specific ones that aren't working.