1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Francis & #15 for JWill, Tyson Chandler, #31

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by percicles, Jun 17, 2002.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

What would Steve Francis get us on the trade market? Chicago is in dire need of an established Allstar and someone who will attract free agents.
    Francis could give them a legitimate shot at the the Eastern Finals and some glory thats been lacking since MJ left.

We can then pakage Tyson and something else(KT, Mobley, Cato, or Pick) to Golden state for Dunlevy. Goldenstate needs a Sf and Tysons from LA. Makes Sense?

however the crux in this debate is whether JWill will be better than Francis.
    I think he will. When Francis came out he was 1yr older than Francis and seasned for 1yr in Div.1 basketball. Plus he pulled that move on Vancuver, though we did land him, it says something negative about his charecter.

Jwill: 3 yrs a duke, Chapionship experience, Much smarter basketball player (Academically Duke is no San Jac), & no migranes. If we judge both players from when they left college Jwill is bar-none a better player.

Does this trade seem like a possibility? if we pull it off we get the three best players in the draft without losing much.

C-Ming
    PF-Griffin
    SF-Dunlevy
    SG-Mobley
    PG-JWill

Bench: #31, Mo Taylor, Cato, KT, or Rice.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

That is crazy. What if JWill, Dunleavy and Ming don't live up to their potential like a bunch of lottery picks sometimes end up doing? Steve is already an All-Star, and how would we get Dunleavy? You mean with the 31st pick? That trade is insane.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Let me see if I get this straight, we have a proven franchise PG, and we're about to draft a potential franchise center, and you want to trade Francis for an UNPROVEN, but projected franchise PG, and a potential franchise center? And why draft Dunleavy when the #15 pick can get us a solid SF? What am I missing here!? :confused:

#3 RocksMillenium, Jun 17, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2002
  4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Mobley's gonna love that. He doesn't want to play with one project -- you've got him playing with four.

5. milo

milo Member

If we needed to rebuild that would be nice but I would rather keep Tyson Chandler. With Ming, Chandler and Jay Will with Griffin and Cuttino --that would be a good starting point, if not great.......but we aren't rebuilding,we're reloading. The Rockets just need to tinker with what they already have and get ride of some bad contracts and playoffs we come!
    __________________________________________-
    milo

Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

6. unt2003

unt2003 Member

just stupid, absolutely stupid. you must be a duke fan or something.

7. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Man those are the stupidest proposals that I have ever heard, any team knows that they would be raping us if we did that. I do think that Jay Williams will be good as a floor leader but he will not be the dynamo that Francis is. And Tyson Chandler, this guy looks like a loser. This is the same guy who can barely bench press his own weight come on sack up and get with it.

8. milo

milo Member

There shall be no trade proposals EVER in this BBS because they suck!!!.... I think it's the ones who say all the trade proposals suck that suck .

1. This is a sports forum
    2. It's the offseason, what the hell else are we supposed to talk about?
    3. percicles was just trying to make an interesting topic.
    4. All of you who flamed him are Nugz fan.

If you don't agree with something, then explain why, don't just call people stupid you idiots ;)

Go USA!!!!!!!!!!

9. matrixReloaded

:mad:

absolutely one of the dumbest trade i've heard in this format...y would anyone wanna trade the whole team that was competitive in the most part in 2000-2001-2002, and break up the chemistry that they were forming and pretty much start from scratch, wat are we....da bulls

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Being a Duke fan, I kind of like the idea:

#1 Ming
    #2 (from Chicago) Jayson
    #3 (from GS) Dunleavy
    #31 Euro-Stud for 2004-5 season

It is a reasonable idea. You guys that are always knocking these trade ideas need to go soak your head. This is a forum. It is supposed to be for fun. His trade idea is in no way ridiculous-- just because you wouldn't do it.

Give me another one....

11. hpscc

hpscc Member

Though Francis is a proven huge talent, I don't think the Bulls want all of Francis's headaches, migraines or otherwise. And because he's due an extension which would remove Chicago's cap room, this would not allow any benefits from Francis's signing as far as being able to attract free agents.

I also don't think Krause is willing to trade Chandler, most articles I've read say he was the best high-schooler last year (though that isn't saying much.)

I think Jay Williams / Tyson Chandler will be as good or better then Steve Francis / Yao Ming.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Your free speech stance is understood and appreciated. However, I think some of the others are venting because sometimes ....sometimes... posters should read and think about their posts before hitting the send button. To really be considered, the trade proposals must be somewhat plausible. Well, maybe not. I've seen some crazier ones, even some I started to post.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is a joke right? If it is, it may be considered funny.

If it isnt, it may be the worst trade proposal in sports history.

14. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

"We" have a proven franchise PG?

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

what the f*** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Darth West

Darth West Member

That would be a great trade for Huston ... :) ... or at least the first part assuming you are willing to rebuild ... I am not sure that the ownership is looking into rebuilding now but in my opinion it isn't as far fetched as it might sound ... After all this team isn't going to go anywhere until the frontcourt develops, which probably equals a few years experience for Ming & Griffin and I would expect that Jay Williams would develop just as fast, if not faster, then them ...

A team with Ming, Chandler, Griffin, Jay Williams as young and upcoming players combined with a few players in their prime like Mobley and K.T. would, in my opinion, have the brightest future of all teams in the leauge ... The only question is if there is too much talent which would eventually lead to some of these guys beeing traded for financial reasons ...

What I really can't understand is everyone bashing this suggestion ... Chandler, an awesome PF prospect, has some serious value ... he was originally traded for an all star, Brand ... and lets face it this is not a trade neither Bulls or Clipper fans are complaining about so it suggests to me that it was fair ... if I would choose a player to build around I would choose Chandler without doubt ... I consider Francis more valuable then Jay Williams, but with the uncertainty of his headaches and its by no means obvious that he would flourish playing the triangle, I sure don't belive that Chicago consider him to be that much more valuable so they would add Chandler ... While you add the #15 pick for the 31 pick neither of these picks are close in value to either Francis, Chandler or Williams so I don't think it would change anything ...

Btw Percicles dont let the harsh reactions to your post stop you from posting ... just learn how to use the ignore list ... :)

18. Darth West

Darth West Member

Chandler is in my opinion more suitable playing PF thus the trade makes sense ... especially if you think that griffin will be able to play SF in the future ...

19. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Bulls would be getting ripped off. I'm not sure if they would trade Chandler straight up for Francis.

20. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I like this trade quite a bit and would do it if I was in control of the Rockets. We trade Francis(going to get MAX) to the Bulls with the #15 for JWill and Tyson Chandler and the #31. BUt I would not trade for Dunleavy, I would keep Chandler because he is going to be a awesome basketball player in the future. I think trading one all-star for 2 future allstars(Chandler and Williams) is worth it. Plus we would have a bad year again and get a shot at drafting LeBron James.

C-Ming
    PF-Griffin
    SF-Chandler
    SG-Mobley
    PG-Williams

Yep we sure would have a good shot at Lebron James.

PS this post is all bull crap.