1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He hasn't got any positive feedback from me. He is a joke and bringing shame upon the name of this mighty franchise, that I have supported long before he was even born.

2. Metta

Metta Member

OCD makes me click on this thread, which triggers my anxiety, then leads to a PTSD meltdown.

Thanks Royce!

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I dare someone to text him "What do your tweets have to do with Jeremy Lin #linsanity"

#2883 heypartner, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Or

"Do you ever get anxiety like me in the middle of a tweet about not being able to fully express yourself in 128 characters or le"

1 person likes this.
  5. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

I am very certain that the Rockets vehemently regret drafting Royce White.

Royce provides no value and just troubles the organization and may even disrupt team chemistry.

The Rockets are just smartly dancing through this issue so as not to trouble themselves even greater with issues with ADA and probably even the NBA players union.

First was the travelling, then this. The second "fit" isn't even clear. Is it about playing time? Nobody knows. The diva is so vague. He's just rallying for attention and sympathy feeling like some prophet or messiah for those who have mental or psychological issues.

I just this headache ends soon for the Rocket. They don't deserve to be treated this way by the very person they gave a chance on.

6. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

so far 60+ tweets today

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Let him tweet until he blacks out. Eventually even his supporters will grow tired of him and begin to tell him to go back to work. At that point, the Rockets have won. They will have docked him a couple of 100 thousand dollars for his absenteeism and he will have that much less money Plus less credibility from all those who have been paying attention. I say tweet away Royce you freakin idiot!

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't think they are still fining him. I believe the 15k was it.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

First he vouches for the guy so the Rockets draft him and now he's advising Royce White as well. Thanks Fred Hoiberg.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

I'm confident that he's misconstruing their "support" for his personal preference. I doubt they're telling him directly to "stonewall the Rockets" or "demand playing time."

11. TISNF

TISNF Member

Because if that were the case, then Fred Hoiberg is gonna severely hurt the chances of any of his future players getting drafted, and thus will scare off potential recruits.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Just went on twitter and hit "unfollow". If everyone else did the same, maybe he'd get back to work.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Didn't especially like White as a basketball player. A slightly undersized PF that does not defend, block shots, rebound, score in the post or have a reliable mid range jumper has limited appeal. While his court vision is nice, it does not mean much when you cannot defend or efficiently score.

His upside is Anthony Mason and is more likely a Rodney Rogers/Mo Taylor clone that cannot shoot.

We took a shoot because there was no one else we loved at that pick, and can live with that. Time to move on.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bar baby.

1 person likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agreed. One decent season at Iowa State does not make him a top talent.
    He has major deficiencies in his game that he does not care to address.
    Top talents like Lillard and Co are playing well from the start.

16. jose

jose Member

Could have picked PJIII over this cry baby. I don't care about your anxiety, I get that everyone gets it differently, but there are people with anxiety that go to work while on some type of medication or drug making not even close to 5% of what he'll be making.

There are people who lost limbs and still work. You're given an opportunity, a privilege, to play in the NBA, what many people dream of doing, and you're spitting in the face of your own existence by not fulfilling it.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Looking forward to the day we can lock this thread up for good. Its gone from shocking, to sad, to frustrating, to tiresome, to now just plain annoying.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Didnt Hoiberg play in Indiana and Minny for a while. Pretty good shooter from what and it seems a good charlattan to.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think anyone who believes Royce will turn this around and be a producing member of this team is foolish. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, I'm not even saying his NBA career is done, I'm saying his Rocket career is done. Remember Steve Francis and the superbowl? There are dozens of examples of players butting heads with management and getting shipped out. It's sad, but it's business. Even if Royce starts to get playing time it will only be to show him off as a possible asset in a trade.

We really were not the best team to draft him in the first place. He needed to be drafted to a team with little turnover. the Rockets cleared out there roster from last season and pretty much are always in a flux of exchanging players. That cannot be a good situation for someone in his condition. A team like Utah or Minnesota might have been better suited to his situation. A team intent on talent development, even if it is a lost cause. I really feel like both parties went into this with a great deal of naivety and now as fans we have to put up with this crap. I'm not saying the Rockets are even 10% at fault here, but there is some blame to go around. Royce is also an immature brat. You would think that on a week where his coach is grieving he might just stop at the twitter just a bit, put basketball aside and focus on what really matters (his kids maybe?), but that's not the Royce we all know and love!

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I think this is the case. If/when Royce is out of the league he's going to sue the Rockets/NBA to try and get whatever money he can one last time.

So the Rockets are playing it extremely nice right now and bending over backwards to accommodate him.