1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets have eyes number of players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3999563.html

2. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

bout time the chronicle got in draft coverage mode...good article

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I only see the Houston Chronicle on the internet and considering that they have several reporters covering NBA Basketball, their recent coverage of the Rockets has been very poor to dismal indeed. Houston Rockets fans should complain as it is your only major newspaper.

4. MONON

MONON Member

I was getting tired of the Rockets info being treated as filler. Nice article, though it sounds like condenced version of the BBS over the last few days.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

There is this thing called the World Cup going on you know. I haven't picked up a Chronicle in a LONG TIME but I'm betting the majority of sport section is covering the World Cup and actually that's how it should be. World Cup is bigger than Rockets or the NBA. It's the biggest sporting event the World has.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

This is America. Futbol is third tier, if that. I don't live in Houston either, but I would be incredibly surprised if they devoted a lot of space to the World Cup. The NBA Finals probably got more attention.

7. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Actually the World cup has gotten its fair share of coverage. Infact i would say it has recieved even more attention then the Finals and would have gotten even more if the US or Mexico had advanced.

8. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

World Cup to America is like the World Series to the rest of the "world". Nobody cares. Why would the Chronicle mass cover something the readers aren't interested in?

9. Ryan Bowen MVP

they are busy covering highschool softball, at least the girls they feature are cute

10. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I AGREE! I really don't care for world soccer... oh err futbol! This is the U. S. of A. I rather see ROXS, stros, or Texans coverage! Heck, I rather hear about Mario Williams infected toes than a piece on soccer....err Futbol! ;) :)

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Sorta. It's third tier to you and me. But America ...and Houston in particular... has a lot of immigrants. ...and World Cup is big to them. For example, I've got an Irish friend (who's team didn't even qualify) and he is watching soccer matches on the spanish channels (he doesn't have cable).

So to those that DO care, they care a lot.

12. DJ Naztorious

DJ Naztorious Member

methinks this thread has been sidetracked..

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lucas is back
    John Lucas III will be a Rockets player again, though for how long is uncertain. Lucas, who starred at Bellaire and Oklahoma State before a stint with the Rockets last season, has agreed to play for the Rockets' summer league team in Las Vegas next month.

Most of the other commit-ments could change, as is often the case with summer league teams, but Rockets forward Chuck Hayes will play in Las Vegas. Former Oklahoma guard Hollis Price seems set.

The Rockets' first- and second-round picks are expected to play. The big attraction in Las Vegas, however, is expected to be Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, who hopes to use a few games to gauge progress in his comeback.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3999562.html

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Please keep this Rockets-related and on-topic. This isn't a soccer thread.

McGrady, you can start a new thread about that Lucas news (if one hasn't been started already).

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I just might bet the over on 35ppg 15rpg if he gets big minutes :D

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I think these are very interest comments by Morey. They would seem to prefer the safe Brandon Roy as opposed to a risk like Bargnani who might not be worth it when we already have two stars.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they want someone they know can contribute, RIGHT away....

Roy, Morrison & Redick.

IMHO.

DD

18. DJ Naztorious

DJ Naztorious Member

haha - i was afraid you'd forget to mention reddick...

19. MONON

MONON Member

I heard a rumar that Redick was gonna change his initials from JJ to DD in honor of his favorite poster!! :D

20. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

But Redick's known more for his J's rather than his D.