1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollywood Gossip] Sony Hacked, Hilarity Ensues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 9, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Bless those white neckbeard virgin hackers living in mamas basement.

This is a wonderful behind the scenes look. I legit spit my coke at that After Earth powerpoint presentation. Still cackling!

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This movie is supposed to be complete bull****. I urge everyone to avoid seeing it.

Woz who is an amazing individual describes how inaccurate that sorry excuse of a script is, and you have your typical $hit for brains reporter too busy creating a puddle over the poor man's Kyle Korver

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DHWDqoMYi4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

What are you talking about?

Poor man's Kyle Korver's movie was released last year.

They're talking about a whole new Steve Jobs movie.

4. percicles

Nothing as salacious as the David Fincher/Sorkin/Rudin/Pascal email but you can clearly see a company floundering in incompetence.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sony plans ‘Men in Black’ — ‘Jump Street’ crossover. You read that right. <a href="https://twitter.com/benfritz">@benfritz</a>'s scoop <a href="http://t.co/rvzIxYJ3eJ">http://t.co/rvzIxYJ3eJ</a> <a href="http://t.co/lKq9Ogvat1">pic.twitter.com/lKq9Ogvat1</a></p>&mdash; Speakeasy (@WSJspeakeasy) <a href="https://twitter.com/WSJspeakeasy/status/542679637944705024">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. rudan

rudan Member

Would be better than MIBII

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Does anyone else find it immoral for all of these companies to go and report on this stolen info? At the end of the day, these are private emails, aren't they? Why is it okay for someone to steal them for you and then to report on them?

I know WHY they do it. Because people will buy it. But is it right? No one ever talks about that. I know this is fantasy talk, utopia or whatever, but it just seems ridiculous that everyone is okay with spreading this information that was taken unlawfully -- same with the nude pics.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess once it is public. . . . you cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube

I guess you can be upset and talk about how bad some crime is. . . . but that does not mean you cannot benefit from it.
    #TheAmericanWay

Rocket River

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Apples and Tangentrines, sir.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The minute any organization or individual hires a publicist to manage their narrative and image the press is entitled to scrutinize and rebut them. To be clear, if the press itself participated in the breach and (corporate) espionage, then the individual publications would be prosecuted to the hilt.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

For what it's worth, Matthew Modine and Dermut Mulroney were workmanlike.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is this because of The Interview? I can't wait to see that movie...

12. percicles

Oh and Spider Man was supposed to be in Captain America 3 but Sony ****ed that up somehow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sony leak: studio exec calls Kevin Hart a greedy &quot;w****&quot; <a href="http://t.co/s0bkHOcdny">http://t.co/s0bkHOcdny</a></p>&mdash; Defamer.com (@defamer) <a href="https://twitter.com/defamer/status/542759960430800897">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of surprised by how little effort at coherent thought is put into some of those emails. From pretty high up people in big companies, too. Some of it I had no idea what they were trying to say.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

*Pascal reads that Fincher drops out of her Steve Jobs movie on some hollywood insider website*

Pascal: WTF?

Fincher: I know right? Adam Driver is a horrible choice.

Pascal: I MEANT ABOUT YOU NOT DIRECTING THE JOBS MOVIE!

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess people email how they text

Rocket River

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't get that. Because you hire a publicist, when your info is stolen, it's fair game -- just as long as you don't steal it personally?

I'm not even talking about the legality of the matter, just simply, is it right or wrong to knowingly spread information that was intended to be kept between two private parties and was only made public because it was stolen?

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Um, they were hacked by North Korea, probably with the help of a disgruntled insider. But clearly, this has all been a retaliation over the Seth Rogen/James Franco movie "The Interview."

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm on board with this.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's amazing how completely and totally immature executives can be. It makes you wonder how 98% of the trash that comes out on a weekly basis gets made.

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It looks like you understand precisely how 98% of the trash(I assume you mean 98% of movies that come out are trash) gets made. Sony creates it's fair share of garbage.