1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Omer Asik 2013 Playoffs 1st Rd Game 4 Highlights vs Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gulsenabi, Apr 30, 2013.

1. gulsenabi

gulsenabi Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5_mikBd8Ui4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rawool

rawool Member

Thanks for posting this. I don't think Asik gets enough love around here lately.

1 person likes this.
  3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

+1

Asik's Defense at the end (blocked shot--then the Wall of Turkey forcing a bad shot) really helped play a crucial role down the stretch. He's a rebounding machine and had a nice offensive game too. The guy is potentially one hard-working offseason and a year away of taking it to the next level.

I never thought i'd say this, but I think he could "easily" become a 16 pt 12 rbd guy. Along with his defense, that would make him a top 10 or higher center for sure. That is why I think adding a stud PF is key, and not a cry-baby primadonna in Dwight who quits on his team on the verge of a sweep.

My 2/100 of a dollar

4. davek

davek Member

Asik doesn't get enough credit. He been playing his heart out.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Asik and Destroy! The consummate pro.

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I love Asik. He's consistently good, works really hard, and keeps getting better and better.

Great find by Morey.

7. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

He really is but all he gets to hear after shooting 7/10 is how he failed to make that reverse layup lol..but I'm really happy for him and the team and I hope that the organisation critically think about all variables before pulling a decision in the off-season.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Jeremy Lin apparently wasn’t the only ailing Rockets player Monday night. Coach Kevin McHale said center Omer Asik’s effort (17 points on seven-of-10 shooting plus 14 rebounds) was emblematic of the team’s determination.

“Our guys play hard. They compete,” McHale said. “I thought Omer had a fantastic game. His back was really bothering him the last couple of days, but Omer went out there and fought like crazy.

Asik said his back originally tightened before Game 3 on Saturday. Before Monday’s games he said he was surprised that he felt so much better. “It really got a lot better since then,” he said on Monday.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/04/omer-asik-played-through-back-pain-in-game-4/#more-17555

9. Flops

Flops Member

Omer made a hook shot around the 3:30 mark. :eek:

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

That might explain it because frankly the performances I was seeing of him in this series really hasn't seemed like he was at his best. Last night he played the Asik that was one of the NBA's leading rebounders and 60% minimum of the Rockets' defense.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

If, in the offseason, this guy works hard on his post-game and catching PnR passes off a roll to the basket, that'll be good enough on the offensive side of the ball, imo.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

13. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

he also has the longest playing streak after westbrooks absence in game 3 and 4

14. Jcjackster

Jcjackster Member

i love definos reaction at the end lol