1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats your preferred standings at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

When looking at the Standings today i couldn't help but think that if the clips overtake the mavs, it would would be

1.GS
    2.Mem
    3.Hou
    4.Por/Lac
    5.Lac/Por
    6. Dal
    7. Sa
    8.OKC

We get to avoid Gs, Okc, Lac, Por until the Western conference finals...Those r the most teams that have given us trouble throughout, playing memphis in the second round and dallas in the first isn't gravy, but imo its the best case scenario...what is your best case?

2. a711

a711 Member

You nailed it.

Problem is if Dallas plays well enough to maintain a six seed they're going to be pretty good.

I see them falling out of six

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm fine with playing the Mavs or Blazers. The Spurs I guess are ok, but you never know with that team. What if they're just coasting til the playoffs and flip the switch?

But I absolutely want no part of the Clippers.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As long as we don't have to play POR or LAC, i'm happy. OKC will knock out GSW

5. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

GSW isn't going to finish 1st seed

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Whichever lets us play the following teams in order from most preferred matchup to least:

DAL
    MEM
    SAS
    POR
    OKC
    LAC
    GS

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1. GSW
    2. MEM
    3. HOU
    4. POR
    5. LAC
    6. DAL
    7. SAS
    8. OKC
    Round 1:

GSW v OKC
    POR v LAC
    MEM v SAS
    HOU v DAL

Round 2:

OKC v POR
    SAS v HOU

Round 3:

HOU v POR

West Champs:

HOU

1 person likes this.
  8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Why do you think Memphis overtakes them?

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

3-6 match up with either Texas teams or Portland would be ideal. Portland doesn't scare me, we were a better team last year than them and we're better this year and they are worse. It took the worst officiated series since Kings-Lakers in 2002 for them to beat us by a miracle shot.

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

1. Grizzlies
    2. Warriors
    3. Rockets
    4. Blazers
    5. Clippers
    6. Dallas
    7. Thunder
    8. Spurs

11. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Grizz is like RIGHT behind them and Mike Conley is a beast..

They can't win without curry and he's out with an injury right now. Shows how much they suck

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not impossible. If Steph Curry misses any significant time, the Warriors could drop in the standings. Not to mention that their schedule is about to get tougher. They've only played 53 games so far. The Mavs by comparison have already played 58.

That being said, I still think they finish with the first seed.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:eek::eek::grin::grin::grin::grin:

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dallas or San Antonio are our best shots at advancing.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think you are right, and it looks like there is a good possibility they will meet in the first round. If I had to pick a first round opponent for the Rockets in would be the Suns or the Mavs. The Mavs are bit troubling though, because they are so unpredictable and they hate the Rockets. Clippers, Blazers, Memphis, we are likely one and done. However, if Howard comes back 100% all bets are off.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Since we'll be finishing in first, and we'll be playing Phoenix in the first round, I like our chances of going all the way.

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Because of coaching the rockets are first round and out. I don't like their offensive system. It's like a whole lot of chickens running with their heads cut off.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rather matchup with Memphis than Dallas for some strange reason. I feel Dallas gave San Antonio a run for their money better than Miami and they have the personnel to exceed that performance this year.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The way this team is playing right now, I think we lose to any team we face with the exception of Dallas where I give us a 50/50 shot.

The team looks bad right now and even MVP level Harden cannot carry this team in the playoffs when no one else can get a bucket without it being from a Beard assist.

Don't give me any backtalk about Dmo either. You guys are about to see that young men get pecker-smacked by the level of intensity and competition the West has to offer. He is an effort player and those don't do so well in the playoffs where everyone starts giving the same effort.

If we can ratchet the defense back up to where it was a few months ago and someone without a sweet beard catches fire, we can stun the world but that's some big ifs.

20. SemisolidSnake

I would LOVE to see that. Let the Splash Bros. shoot threes to their hearts' content, and let Durant and Westbrook match them three-for-three AND pummel their way to basket. That's a legitimately possible upset if Durant is healthy and gets a big enough chip on his shoulder from all the drama around him lately. Then, of course, let that be all the energy the Thunder can muster for the rest of the playoffs.

I would just revel in seeing the media's darlings go out in the first round just how I loved seeing the Packers not make the Superbowl. Karma for giving the wrong person the MVP.