1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst songs by your favorite artists...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zac D, Feb 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I was at work tonight (I work in a grocery store, and I'm sure most of you are familiar with the crap muzak they usually play over the speakers) and to my surprise, Jonny Lang's "Breakin' Me" came on. My initial thought - Oh boy! Jonny Lang! - was tempered by the one that directly followed it - Dammit, I don't like this song. So my question is, what are the songs by your favorite groups that you don't like?

I'm especially interested to hear Manny's least favorite Radiohead and Moby songs. :D

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

my least favorite song by one of my favs is d'yer'maker by led zeppelin. plant sounds too much like a woman in that one, i like the drums but i can't stand the song.

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Julio Iglesias sings Stings' "Fragile"...or is that favorite songs by worst artist?:D

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Beatles:

Revolution #9
    Wild Honey Pie
    Octopus' Garden

There are more but that's enough for now. :)

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

Half the songs on the last Beastie Boys album. there are a few real good songs on there, but then its like the B boys needed to fill out an album and they had used up all their material so the improvised. Actually this could describe the last 2 B Boy albums. Check your head was their last Album that was good to the last drop.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

jeff, what you don't like yoko's singing? :)

7. dimsie

dimsie Member

Nah, the worst Beatles song is 'Blue Jay Way'.

8. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Ooh, good call on those two.

Ahh, that's such a fun song! :)

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The songs that I dislike the most are the ones I never listen to after hearing for one time. I can't really tell you their names on some of them because I don't go back and keep listening to them.

For example on Radiohead, their first CD, "Pablo Honey" has several tracks that I don't really like same with "Amnesiac" whereas "The Bends", "OK Computer", and "Kid A", I can listen to every track without skipping.

Moby did this track on "Animal Rights" called Alone which was an ambient piece...thing is too f*cking long like 11 minutes so I don't care for it.

Others:

"Disgustipated" by Tool off "Undertow" - utter waste of time to listen to that, IMO - only bad track on the album.

As for the Beatles, definitely "The Ballad of John and Yoko"...what a bunch of pretentious garbage.

Also, will throw in "State of the Nation" by New Order. Don't know why I dislike it but I do for some reason.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i'll probably go with 'the burn' by matchbox twenty. Even thought it's not my least favorite song by them, i think its their worst...if that makes sense...

11. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Sorry, all those Beatles songs pale in comparison to the dreaded "Rocky Raccoon." Dear God I hate that song!!! Urge to kill rising ...

12. dimsie

dimsie Member

Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles turns me into Charles Manson when I hear it.

13. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

They're not BAD songs, but I do not particularly like either of them much (DMB):

- Angel (the one from the 'Everyday' album, not Angel from Montgomery)

- Sleep to Dream Her (also from 'Everyday')

Live, they're not so bad, but I really don't like them that much. I HATED them before I saw them on 7-15-01 . . .

Also, from <a href="http://www.devonmusic.com">Devon</a>, I dislike the first few minutes of "Swamp Love" . . . when it gets into the instrumental, it's great, but the vocals on that track are awful . . .

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Check Your Head was a horrible B-Boys album. Paul's Boutique is up there too. The only good song on Paul's Boutique is "Shake Your Rump" and "Hey Ladies".

Hello Nasty was a great album, but probably 2nd to the original, Licensed to Ill.

15. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

For as big a Pink Floyd Fan that I am, and for as popular a song as it is for their fans, I absolutely hate Shine on you crazy Diamond

16. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

Beatles -- I'll second "Revolution 9" and "Blue Jay Way."

Radiohead -- I pretty much love Radiohead from "You" to "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors", but a few of their songs seem like a letdown (no pun intended -- "Let Down" is one of my favorites), like "Stop Whispering," "Black Star," "Climbing Up The Walls," "In Limbo," and "Morning Bell/Amnesiac." However, the only one I actively dislike is "Treefingers."

R.E.M. -- At some point or another, I like almost all of their songs. However, "Lotus" hits a couple of my pet peeves -- clumsy rhymes (Haven't you noticed? / I ate the lotus) and overly sibilant S-es (right up there with Billy Joel's "A Matter of Trustssstsssst").

U2 -- I've changed my mind somewhat, but "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" annoyed me when I first got their last album. Besides that, though, perhaps "Shadows and Tall Trees" and "Love Rescue Me".

Pearl Jam -- Maybe they should get an E for effort for "Stupid Mop," but that doesn't make the song any better. "Why Go," "Dissident," and "In Hiding" get dishonorable mention.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

<b>You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know that you can count me out
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    all right, all right
    Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right</b>

You're not talking about that song, are you? That's one of my favorite beatles songs...

18. dimsie

dimsie Member

No, Jeff means the avant-garde sound collage track on the White Album. 'Number nine.... number nine... number nine...' I like that track a lot though, so I wouldn't vote it as their worst song. Hard to judge it by normal song criteria anyway.

(By the way, it's *Elvis* who turns into Charles Manson when he hears 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. I had to sing that song at school so I have a soft spot for it. Use the logout button, oh spouse! :) )

19. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Really? For some reason I absolutely love that song. In fact it has a cozy little spot on my iPod between "Find the River" and "Suspicion." I hear what you're saying about the "s" sounds. Never really bothered me. But now that I think about it...

20. red

red Contributing Member

buddy holly song by wezzer...