1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Learning from failure" (interesting article about the Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, May 1, 2006.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://www.reed-electronics.com/eb-mag/article/CA6328378?pubdate=5/1/2006
    A long but interesting article about the development of the Xbox 360. I went ahead and bolded the parts that I thought were a little more interesting, although the whole article is a nice read IMO.

2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I still think the one biggest mistake with xbox360 is the no hard-drive model. every game developer wanted/wants the guaranteed HD to be there. problems with a few games have already started to crop up due to devs having to account for both scenarios (the MLB 2k6 fiasco, where their unofficial suggested temp fix is to actually completely unplug the HD. then oblivion and a couple other games suggestion to clear the HD cache with an undocumented method, if you're having problems)

all this just so they could market a cheap lame Core version, which no one wants *except* in desperate cases where you couldn't find a Premium system for a long time. I really think it's going to end up being something MS regrets in the long run...because there's no way you can go back now and have devs/games only support the HD version of the system

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just because he ripped the Gamecube's design philosophy doesn't mean the Xbox plays the same games. MS minions are funny.

The thing I like about having 3 consoles to choose from is that they're selling their systems way cheaper than it should really cost. Nintendo doesn't do that, and if you're cheap you could get the feeling of being shortchanged....