1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Blount

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, May 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Looks like Blount is on going on the trading block according to the Boston Herald. He can knock down the mid range jumper. Wonder if we could send some of our expirings to Boston for him? I would think he would be an ideal candidate to matchup with players like Duncan.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

He might be a good pickup, except for the minor fact that he sucks ass...he makes Erick Dampier look like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's absolute garbage. There's a reason he was glued to the bench. Expiring contracts for a guy getting overpaid for the next 6 years is a bad, bad, bad idea.

Evan

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Other than Paul Pierce, there is no one the Celtics could throw in to make me want the rockets to trade for Blount.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If on the market there will be a demand for him.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

F Pierce.

They want us to take Blount, I'd demand Jefferson, West, and Allen, and would send back Spoon-Ward-Mooch.

I'm not even kidding.

Evan

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Okay. I thought he had a nice jumper and looked like a pretty good post defender and rebounder the season before this one. I was under the impression that he sat because they were developing younger players and then they somehow got Antoine and got in the playoff chase.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He ain't even worth a blunt.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'd deal Spoon for him and give up this year's #1.

I'd deal Spoon and DW for Raef and their #2.

I'd even sign 'toine if I could.

I'm not even kidding.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Like, Dampier, Cato, and many others before him, he got paid and then immediately started to suck. This guy.....this is not my kind of guy.

11. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

He had the year of his life last year and hasn't lived up to that since.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

New coach, new system. If O'B is back in Boston they might reunite.

13. foodworld

foodworld Member

Two reasons the Celtics want to dump him: A) he's not a good fit and B) they need to increase Kendrick Perkins (who I guarantee will be an above-average starting center in three years) minutes.

Don't see why the Rockets would want Blount, but I don't think his contract is as unmoveable as emjohn said.

Blount isn't as bad as Celtics fans make him out to be... he's automatic from fifteen feet, is a good passer, and a good team defender. He's also strong and durable. He's also not overpaid too badly, it's just the length of his contract that's ridiculous (full disclosure: I agreed with the Blount signing.) Having watched both men in Celtics uniform, I'd say he's better than Chris Mihm.

I don't attribute has bad play last season to lack of effort. It wasn't that he was slacking off... he was clearly trying. On offense, he had to stand around the perimeter to open up the lane to dribble penetration so he was a non-factor on offense and rebounded poorly. On defense, he had to leave his man to cut off opposing guards who burned their Celtic counterparts - and so he got completely burned by opposing centers.

If Carrol Dawson wants him, now's the time to get him, because his value couldn't be any lower. Offering Spoon and a box of donuts would do the trick.

He's not a good fit for the Celtics and I don't think it's worth the Rockets trading for him. Teams that would take a chance on him would be Philly (him and Jim O'Brien are tight) and Milwaukee. Both those teams have worse stiffs with shorter contracts they can deal (i.e. Aaron McKie or Calvin Booth - who is the worst basketball player ever to put on an NBA uniform) and Blount could fill holes in those teams rotations. The C's could package second-round picks to sweeten the deal for those teams.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, meant if O'B returns to Philly...