1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BF Vietnam Online gaming....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Apr 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ok, the BF vietnam thread is WAYYYYYY back there somewhere, and I don't feel like taking the time to find it. Wish I had the search function....

Anyways, who plays BF vietnam online, and what are your names?

I just started playing online yesterday, when I realized my apartment complex's firewall isn't stopping BF Vietnam! :D

I am Uprising. Hope to see you guys online sometime, I know that R2K just bought the game.

Anyways, what are your names etc? Anyone go as far as being part of a "clan"?

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I've been playing Far Cry's single player when I have free time right now, so I've been away from any online gaming lately.

But I have BF:V, and I'm up for playing some time if you guys would like to go.

3. Uprising

What's your online name?

how is farcry? It looked pretty bad a** in the magazines.

4. Coach AI

Far Cry is absolutely great. No wait, let me change that...its f**kin awesome. Single player any way.

It's multiplayer is a little buggy, but I haven't bothered with it. If they get it worked out it could be a lot of fun, though, given what I've seen of the maps and weapons in the single.

Online I'd probably use the nick Vyer. I haven't played my BF:V online yet (I ususally play LANs), but that's the name I'll use.

5. Uprising

Sounds cool, I heard the best part about Far Cry were the maps. Different scenerios. And the island....

Do you live in a dorm? Or play at the office? (LAN)

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

My GeForce video card doesn't like this game very much... anyone interested in a used version of this game? I accept paypal and money orders, $25 and it's yours. Email me through the BBS if you are interested, U.S. shipping only.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

uprising - think my name is Smeggy

drop me an email when you are having a big session.. obviously weekends are best to over the time difference

8. Uprising

Which card do you have? With my card I had to turn down a bunch of the effects etc. inorder to make it run smoothly. This is a hell of a game if you have top end system, it is just so perfect looking.

Will do, I am thinking about playing in a min. Not for too long, since I do have some work to do later.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I have a Geforce4 Ti4200, do you think it will run well with my card? (Far Cry) I've seen some screenshots of the game and it looks incredible!

10. Coach AI

Yeah, the maps in Far Cry are beautiful. A mix of bright, open ended beaches and blue water with rusty, dark abandoned military bunkers.

Then there are the missions in the thick of the jungle at night...just awesome.

I play usually on a LAN with some guys who get together at least once a month. Sometimes more. Then I have some other friends who have small LANs set up at their apartments.

I don't know if I'll be able to get online tonight, but if you guys plan something soon I'm all about it.

I have a 9800 Pro now, but before that (about three weeks ago) I had the same card you do. I ran the demo then with no problems at all. (Just some stuff turned down).

It depends on how much RAM and what speed a processor too...that would help.

GeForce 4 is a good workhorse of a card.

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    512MB corsair xms 2700
    Geforce4 ti4200 128MB

The games I play run well but I've never tried a "true" DX9 game like farcry before but I guess if I lower the resolution and maybe turn off some eyecandy I can get it to run smooth.

12. Chump

Chump Member

I play BF:V everyday, i bounce around servers so no telling where I'll be

I'm up for a game anytime

13. Uprising

Your computer is more than enough to play it.

My system:

AMD XP 2600+
    768 MB pc2700
    Nvidia nforce (geforce) 5200FX (128mb)

I love the game, it rules in multiplayer. I have never played such a great FPS game online before. I used to love Counter Strike, but this is amazing. Such big maps. So many places to go into (buildings etc.). The jungle maps are amazing.

14. Uprising

Yeah, I don't have a designated server. I bounce around servers. I just try to find a nice and fast one with atleast 20 people.

What's your name in BF?

15. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I have a
    AMD 1.6 Ghz processor
    1 gig of RAM
    Geforce 3 ti200

Even with all the video settings on low, the game lags. Its not the internet connection because it lags while playing one player too.... I dont have any other programs running... its so aggravating.. anyone have any suggestions?

Note: I have allready downloaded the supposed "lag patch" which I think helped, but the game still lags.

16. Uprising

I didn't know about a lag patch, I am going to check that out.

....the only thing I can recomend is perhaps grabbing a new video card. Even my card has become cheap now.

17. Coach AI

Yeah, Drew, the GeForce3 is probably the only thing hindering you. Everything else looks fine.

Kaiser, like Uprising said...your system should be good.

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'm sure it's the video card, cause the system should be able to handle the game...

P4 - 2.8 Ghz
    GeForce 5200
    512 MB Ram

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

hey...wasnt Dak running a BF 42 server a while back?

if he still has it running, or even better is playing BFV also...maybe that would be a good place to meet up.

Whatcha say Dak? still got it running?

20. Chump

Chump Member

there is no lag patch, what you got is probably a CD-Key stealer, I would uninstall it all and reinstall!

stoned*killer
    BF Tracks stats on me: http://vietnam.bftracks.net/appl/bft/Player/view/189882

drop me a line when your playing next and we can try to arange a buttwhippin, er, I mean a friendly game :)

tool@houston.rr.com