1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sunday: Lakers vs. Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDynastyInMs, Mar 11, 2008.

1. TheDynastyInMs

This is the game I'm looking forward to.
    This is the game that will validate our streak and prove that we can dominate more than scrub teams.

THIS IS THE GAME WE WILL TAKE OVER THE #1 SEED IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE.

Just wanted to start building the hype!!
    Have a good day!

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Don't jinx us buddy

we still gotta get past the Hawks and the Bobcats.

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Really enjoy reading all your posts pops, but come on, are we really buying this "jinx" thing?

Jinx shnix. Phooey on it. Come on black cat, I dare you to step in front of me, cause if you do, I'm drop-kicking you through the hoops!

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yes. Stay humble.....

5. nef2005

nef2005 Member

don't wear a tin foil hat in a thunderstorm, and don't taunt fate.

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

even if our streak ends before the lakers game (which is very unlikely), I think beating the LAkers will make a bold statement. all streaks come to an end and it doesn't necessarily have to be the top teams to do it. Lakers will fall to the rockets why? Because our defense.

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Yes, I agree, the ROCKETS need to stay humble.

But as a fan in Dallas country, I'm loud and proud and know nothing about being humble.

Tin hat? Don't play golf so no worries there, but fate? Man, if anything needs to be tempted it is fate.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

FYI, they moved this game from NBA TV to ABC at 3:30 est. So it will be national.

9. Classic

Classic Member

I think McGrady is going to bring his A game. It will be a classic 2002ish battle between Kobe and Tmac. Get ready folks, this is going to be a good one! I can't wait!

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

A lot of the hype is because of the Rockets streak. If they lose before Sunday, some of the luster of that match-up will go away. ABC is gambling (and no doubt crossing their fingers and hoping) that the Rockets win the next two games. If that happens, I think the ratings for the game on Sunday will go through the roof!

11. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

"Monday, March 10, 2008
    Hornets stung?

All season, the New Orleans Hornets have been desperate for national TV attention. Now, mere days from their first ever appearance on ABC, it seems as if a certain 19 game winning streak could rob them of publicity.

Several websites are citing 610 Sportsradio in Houston as reporting that ABC will broadcast this Sunday's clash between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets -- a game that could match the two best teams in the Western Conference. Lakers/Rockets could replace Hornets/Pistons, a game that was added to the schedule only days ago.

ABC and ESPN have made no announcement regarding a change in their NBA schedule, and Hornets/Pistons is still listed as airing Sunday at 3:30 PM.

This is an unlikely move for a variety of reasons. For one, ABC just added Hornets/Pistons to the schedule last week; it is highly unusual to bump a game so quickly after adding it to the schedule.

More importantly, Lakers/Rockets would mark the fifth appearance of the season by the Lakers on ABC, meaning that Spurs/Lakers on April 13 would either be dropped from the schedule, or the Lakers would end up with 6 appearances on network television this season -- one more than the maximum.

Under the new television contract the NBA signed with Disney and Turner last summer, the maximum amount of games a team can have on ABC was increased to six. While the new deal does not take effect until next season, the NBA may be more inclined to give ABC an extra Laker game this season. Already this season, the league proved willing to initiate some parts of the new TV deal, as ESPN began streaming games on ESPN360.com in October."

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/