1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to the Fakers and their fans............You're still soft.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, May 7, 2009.

1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Throwing cheap shots doesn't make you tough. It just shows we're getting in your head and you have no idea how to react to it other than using bush league tactics. You can hit as hard as you want and we're going to keep coming because this Rockets team is so much tougher than you all could ever be.

Your soft bigs get outmuscled and outhustled by our undersized PF's. Lowry will fly in and fight for rebounds with anybody on that court while your soft pg's stand around and watch. Kobe can throw all the elbows and knees he wants and trash talk the whole game to Battier and he'll still be there to put a hand in his face on every shot. It's easy to trash talk somebody when your on, but where was all that talk in Game 1? Where was that talk when Artest got in your face after your cheap elbow to the throat???

You are not tough, just cheap and dirty. Your coming to our house now. I hope your ready because the Toyota Center is where REAL TOUGHNESS HAPPENS!

To all the Rocket fans, let's make this as uncomfortable as possible for the Fake Show. Let's show the Faker fans how loud real fans get! THIS IS CLUTCH CITY! WHERE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION HAPPENS!

P.S. - Let your message be heard here. They're here on our board and it will be read.

2. Super Von

Super Von Member

Best first sentence ever.

Throwing cheap shots does not make you tough.

3. lockmat

lockmat Member

I agree 100% with that first sentence. It's basically what I've been thinking all along.

A little boy can throw a punch. It doesn't make him tough.

Toughness is being able to withstand pressure, pain, etc. Strong and/or cheap/dirty does not equal toughness.

4. LD2k

LD2k Member

5. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Kobe threw that elbow with a purpose. And he also took a couple cheap shots at Battier in Game 1.

And imo there is no "may have been a cheap shot" from Fisher. He looked back and saw Scola coming. He knew exactly what he was about to do.

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Hahahaha.

7. Super Von

Super Von Member

8. LD2k

LD2k Member

9. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I would love to "shift my body" into you as well.

10. LD2k

LD2k Member

I'm not making excuses, but people act as if suddenly Kobe blindly IN MY OPINION through an Elbow. Artest was all over him - it doesn't affect anything other than he was all over his back. That's all.

11. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

You're delusional because you think that a defender being physical with a player while positioning for a rebound excuses a violent elbow to the throat. That kind of play is not acceptable and that's why the rule is so clear cut. Your picture is also a self-serving photo that doesn't capture the contact.

12. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

um maybe you need to show the frames before that one.

13. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

There's a HUGE difference btw being physical and using the body to your advantage and getting in sneaky little hits in. Does Kobe think he is god or something? His supposed "entitlement" is ridiculous.

14. SeeingRocketRed

#1, a photo taken at one point in a sequence does not show whether or not he elbowed him in the throat.

#2 It was clearly a cheap shot, just like Kobe did the game before against Battier. And Ginobli with bizarre "follow through", and Raja Bell, and Chris Childs...

#3 Which brings me to my final point. Kobe is a dirty beatch. And has been for a long time. Would Jordan have tried this stuff? The answer is no, and that's why Jordan is Jordan, and Kobe can't hold his jockstrap.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Talking trash isn't playing tough either. Gasol tough? please. That team is soft soft soft. That's why they resort to dirty tactics and thugary. They think what they did is being physical but it's fake.

16. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Kobe didn't blindly throw an elbow. He consciously wanted to combat Artest's strong and legitimate physical play with a dirty cheap shot. Kobe can't muscle Artest for position on the low block, so he has to throw a vicious elbow. Whether you think it hit his chest or his throat or his groin, any objective person who watches the video sees him wind up and uncork on Artest.

17. LD2k

LD2k Member

That is more of an argument than I've heard.

I just think this whole "he swung an elbow" is overdone.

Artest is physical, I don't think that rebound was anything different. But we'll see.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That picture either needs to be the frame before or after, I can't really tell. Watch it in action. Kobe threw the elbow. I won't say it warrants a suspension (and we all know there is no way the NBA is going to suspend kobe bryant). Artest was all over him trying to get position. kobe threw the elbow. It's cheap s*** and it's bush league.

Fisher is getting at least 1 game. I'm not sure what the fuss about Scola was. He was coming to set a pick and Fisher thought he was being tough by laying him out. As the OP said...it's not toughness. It's weaksauce.

19. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I think what really made the whole thing worse was the refs calling a foul on Artest.

20. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

The supposed BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE has to resort to taunting Battier after every point, getting in cheap shots and acting all arrogant. LOL It's one thing for J.Terry to do it, it's another when your the "BPITL". What have you won without Shaq???