1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That and it creates a pipeline in an area that's got a ton of unknown talent. It's amazing to me how few players are coming out of the valley. It's a shame, really, that the valley is still ignored by scouts.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Man the RSL/Seattle game was a tale of two halves. The first half was amazing, it had me scared of Seattle, the second half was ugly and it consisted of two lucky ass goals.

3. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Any good links for the match tonight?

4. Beavis Stiffler

www.astream.tv

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Barnes and Cummings playing up top together a lot

6. Beavis Stiffler

A great 1st half by the Dynamo. They lead 2-0 against Columbus. The 1st goal was an own goal and Giles Barnes scored the 2nd goal.

7. SexyButIgnorant

I'm not a big fan of Cummings, but he seems to have much better chemistry with Barnes and operates well within the team tactics. Cummings over Bruin!

8. Beavis Stiffler

Columbus scored to cut the Dynamo lead to 2-1 in the 2nd half.

9. Beavis Stiffler

And now it's tied 2-2 :mad: :(

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ugh, and now they've pulled Davis and Toronto is losing as well :(

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crew, Toronto, and Houston all get 1 point tonight. Very disappointing...

12. Beavis Stiffler

I don't know what's going in the mind of coach Kinnear, his decision-making on tonight's game is very questionable especially subbing out both Brad Davis and Boniek. Now some fans who wanted Dominic Kinnear fired, will point at this game and use it as a reason.

13. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Felt same way but he said Boniek sub was precautionary because he was having blurred vision. Didn't understand Davis sub though.

14. SexyButIgnorant

I've only been a fan of this team for this season, but I find Kinnear to be a bad coach. Really underwhelming team, poor substitutions, and a team that often looks lost. But maybe it's just a season slump, since I haven't kept up in past season with Kinnear at the helm.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Forgot to post this.

I was driving home last week listening to Glen Davis talk about this. I like Glen, but sometimes, he's an idiot. He was interviewing Chris Canneti, and it sounded like CC wanted to punch Glen. Glen was harping about how this USL Pro could be in Houston, and playing at the sports park. CC asked how many people would show up to watch USL pro soccer in Houston. What would be a good number? Glen drops 3,000.

Barely 10,000 show up to watch the Dynamo, and he's suggesting this at The Sports Park. I'm sure you can get 5,000 people to show up.

It should be in the valley. There is 2 million people there right? That's pretty sizeable. That's a pretty good untapped market. The best thing also, is that you're spreading the Dynamo brand in the valley. That's something I wish the Texans would do. Have a training camp down there. I think that area is pro cowboys.

It's what, a 90 minute plane ride on Southwest to get there? A six hour drive? You can fly in and out quickly.

to top it off, he didn't know the Vipers were a Rockets affiliate. I think he thought it was just another soccer team there. At least from what it sounded.

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Lol, I remember that interview and you were right canetti sounded annoyed because glenn was being arrogant.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So the new comcast sports net rebrand will be dropping the dynamo

That sucks. It's gonna be a root sports network which completely sucks. Comcast sports had such great quality

18. Beavis Stiffler

Ironically, Root Sports carries MLS games for the Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, and Real Salt Lake. :/

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

20. Beavis Stiffler

I can think of 5 people on who might be the next head coach for the Houston Dynamo. All of them have connections with the team before.

Wade Barrett - Dynamo defender from 2006 to 2010 and current asst. coach under Dominic Kinnear.

Steve Ralston - current asst. coach under Dominic Kinnear. He was also a player-coach of the NASL's AC St. Louis in 2010.

Pat Onstad - Dynamo goalkeeper from 2006 to 2010. Current asst. coach of Columbus Crew. Also, a former asst. coach of DC United (2011-13).

John Spencer - former asst. coach with the Dynamo (2006-10) and a former head coach of the Portland Timbers (2011-12).

Paul Dalglish - Dynamo forward from 2006 to 2007. He was a Dynamo asst. coach in 2009, FC Tampa Bay head coach in 2010, Real Salt Lake asst. coach in 2014, and Austin Aztex head coach (2012-13).