1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Humbled Dwight Howard ready to make 'ultimate sacrifice' for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 27, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Humbled Dwight Howard ready to make 'ultimate sacrifice' for Rockets

A few excerpts

1 person likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thanks for this post. Great information. Good to hear.

3. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks J.R.!

If he does this one single thing I think we have a legitimate shot at the title! I hope he really understands and does what Wilt did! You have to be big enough to admit that I'm no longer the alpha dog and that Harden is the golden child on this team! That his main contribution is closing the paint and rebounding!

GO ROCKETS!!!.......

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please don't kill yourself D12

1 person likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that is great - but I worry that Howard is going to need a much bigger procedure after the playoffs, seems like this is a let's give this a GOOD TRY and then deal with the issue after, which is fine, but it may spell the ONLY chance we have with Dwight here.

McHale saying it will always be an issue Dwight has to deal with is not a good thing.

It would not surprise me if DHo gets microfracture after the playoffs to rehab while he is under contract, it would be a smart move on his part.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I really feel this team has something special going on. I can't wait for the playoffs.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Great read here, hopefully that shuts up all those who think the media is after the Rockets.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

For sure! Even an NBA title is not worth your life!

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Don't call him "dho". This isn't a Rick Ross track

In regards to everything else, man don't scare me.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ever since I can remember it feels like a member of the Rockets will make the local news and that news travels nationally. Then that same exact news, over a short period of time, gets expanded upon in a more insightful way through an exclusive interview.

For example, we get news that Dwight will be back, that he sat down with Harden and Terry, and then that info finds its way to the national media. A week or so later you get an actual sitdown with Dwight, a candid one, that expands on everything in a much deeper way.

This has been happening forever when it comes to the Rockets. Why does it always work itself out that way? Is the local coverage weak? Does the NBA work something out with specific national outlets where they get exclusive access to players?

I remember the local sentiment going from - geez, Scottie Pippen is upset about playing too many minutes - to all of a sudden, on national TV, Pippen saying - I hate Houston, the city is ugly and Barkley is fat.

What's up with that?

1 person likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah that was prediction and it better not come true. Im ready to unleash my rant

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Or maybe they just need to go the D-Wade route and limit Dwight in B2Bs next year. That would result in him playing 2/3 of the season, but it's better than reaggravating the knee and only suiting up for 1/2(with him being ineffective in many of those).

If that does wind up happening though, they'll need to think long and hard about whether they wanna extend the guy after his contract is up in 2016 or 2017. And if they do, he better be willing to take a paycut. A player entering his 30's with a hobbled knee is not worth 20+ mil a season.

14. lastreg

lastreg Member

Now, you need win the champ for DH12, Harden!

15. basketballholic

D-Defense
    H-Humility
    O-Others Offense
    W-Winning

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Agreed.

Somebody shop howard into here:

[​IMG]

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dwight is the man. If he plays to his strengths he will be the best defensive/garbage man in the nba and easy the past 20 years. How many guys can play 35 min get no plays called and avg legit 17/15/3blks? Dwight can if he focused less on post ups and more on rebounding and put backs. I really think if he embraces the pick and roll and garbage man roll he will actually score and rebound more.

James has shown the world he's a top 3 player in the game and maybe the best right now, dwights a smart guy and he sees greatness in his teammate. I think this also shows how great of a leader harden has become that a big personality like Howard was able to embrace the fact that it's hardens team now and he has to follow him.

18. HTM

HTM Member

Saying the right words, hope he means them.

19. Madclownpacasum

Im so hyped. I love dwight

20. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Speak for yourself

Ball is life