1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe: "I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ael-jordan-phil-jackson-advertising/24037549/

SBNation Regurgitation

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Not disagreeing with you, seeing as I was too young to remember the Hakeem days to a point of following basketball the way I do now, was Hakeem known as a good/friendly teammate?

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course it couldn't have possibly have had anything to do with you, Kobe. Clearly it must have all been Dwight's fault. And your bloated contract isn't an overpayment, and it isn't dragging down the Lakers like a boat anchor for the next few years, either.

You're just golden, Kobe. Why is everybody else such a problem?

Here's a hint, Kobe. Being the biggest @sshole in the room isn't proof that you want to win more. It just means you are the biggest @sshole.

2 people like this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Kobe tried to teach him if he played with superstars and the greatest coach , he 'll eventually win a championship .

Dwight on the other hand, knew he can take role players to the final .

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm tired of this linking personality to championship myth, it only started with Kobe

Was Tim Duncan a dick to his teammates when they won 5 championship, was Dirk an ******* to his locker room when they beat the Heat, what about Hakeem, what about Lebron when he was with the Heat, what about the Detroit Piston Locker room when they won in 2004

Talent+good coaching>>>>>>personality

What's a player in NBA history that didn't achieve because he was smiled too much

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It's not reality, it's the way Kobe did it. That doesn't make it the only way.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Kobe just wishes he would have been born a decade sooner so he could have Jordan, the bad boys, and just players of that aggressive DNA that's gone now

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dear Kobe,

STFU

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

He was a great teammate and never threw his people under the bus even after losses.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

But none of those guys are going to have their names right next to MJ's when people think of the GOATs.

People aren't going to compare Duncan or Dirk to MJ. No, that's going to be kobe.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was addressing Kobe's quote, not his views on Dwight's personality. ;)

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Always funny when this topic pops up. Dwight isn't a tool and wants to enjoy himself, therefor he won't win rings. The logic is undeniable!

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We crushed the '86 defending champion Lakers 4 games straight in the WCF (losing the 1st), with this

[​IMG]

and look how sh!ty those lockerroom chairs are for players of that era....like cheap, conference chairs

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Understand where Kobe is coming from, after all he has 5 championship rings so at this point the way he must see it as "Look, I've won this way and i'm not changing."

But yeah, you can do it your own way. Dwight just has to play better.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Kobe only won because he had Phil Jackson and Prime Shaq/Prime Gasol. He has never done **** when it's just him.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ego maniac, but I appreciate his comments towards James.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kobe might have inadvertently proved that he can't win without Phil

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Huh? LeBron and Duncan are in the same mold. They just aren't assholes. Neither was Magic.

And Kobe's name isn't next to Jordans's in a GOAT discussion either. The only reason they are mentioned together is because they play the same position and one essentially copied everything from the other, even down to mannerisms. The biggest winner post Jordan isn't even Kobe. It's Duncan.