1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Completely Undecided!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MadMax, May 21, 2002.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just thought you'd all be curious as to my thoughts! :rolleyes: Don't know why I presume that...

But here they are, nonetheless...

I'm thinking a trade would be great if you can get something that will instantly help you. Particularly if it's just a trade down to #4 or something. Then you could address a number of your needs...not just one!

But on the other hand...there are some players that are worth more than a number of players together. Tim Duncan is a great example...so is Shaq. Problem is...all we're hearing is that Ming doesn't compare with those kinds of players...we're hearing he's more of a Dunking Dutchman, Rick Smits. Fine...but is that worth giving up the opportunity cost of trading for two or more players who might make this a playoff squad next year...two or more players who just might be worth more than Ming by himself??? I'm leaning towards saying, "yes...we should trade the pick because of that."

If Ming is a no-brainer (like a Duncan) we'd all be pumped about it...but there is SOOOO much uncertainty with this guy above and beyond the normal NBA draftee. To use a #1 pick on a guy who may or may not even get to play in the NBA...who definitely won't be at training camp...whose very existence in our country is at the whim of the communist Chinese government (hooray for communism :rolleyes: ) is quite the risk. There is risk in every pick, true...but there is MORE risk with Ming than with other options. #1 picks don't come around very often...I'd hate to see them absorb too much risk and ultimately get nothing out of it.

I think I may have just talked myself into hoping they make a trade! :)

2. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

Draft Jay Williams.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

trade the pick.