1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Texans DB coach to interview for Philly DC job

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by countingcrow, Jan 31, 2011.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

http://www.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/source_eagles_request_to_interview_bears_assistant/4071429

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

one person's trash is another man's treasure.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This isn't David Gibbs, this is somebody else.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Amazing what a little talent will do for you. All he ever had while he was here was Dunta (and Aaron Glenn, Marcus Coleman in the early years) and he did a good job developing him before injury.

Then he gets fired when the likes of Jacques Reeves, Petey Faggins, CC Brown, Fred Bennett, and a host of other DB's that are long gone from the NFL don't pan out.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I had heard that he got let go because Alex Gibbs, the o-line guru, wanted David, his son, on the staff and so as a favor to him, they made the switch?

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The Texans made a nepotism/good ol' boy hire that blew up in their face?

SHOCKING.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Neither coach was supplied with enough talent in the secondary. Part of that falls on them for lack of development, but I think the talent evaluation has more to do with it.

8. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Of all the problems of the current regime this is probably one of the biggest. Instead of going with the best and most talented coaches they go with the familiar.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This falls directly in line with some comments Bob McNair made to the media recently. He said something along the lines of, "Nobody in the NFL was there to help us at the beginning. Even if they had been, I would not have trusted them. Throughout the whole acquisition process, all the other owners did was try and increase the price, so now, to expect me to go to them for advice and help is ludicrous."

So basically, he wants to stick with the familiar because he doesn't TRUST anybody else....

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I thought this was Gibbs when I read the title I was hoping we'd be ripping on him here.