1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgraceful Tanking

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

What about throwing a match for a more preferable position in the playoffs? The Spurs conveniently have avoided both the Rockets & Grizzlies their two bogey teams until the conference final.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the sperms would meet rockets in round 2 should both teams advance

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt that the Spurs worry more about Rockets and Grizzlies than they do about Clippers.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we decided to tank and get a real nice player out of it.

I cannot complain. TBH

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not 100% sure but I think we would face the winner between Blazers/Grizzlies in the second round IF both the Rockets and Spurs advance.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. We were all mad at JVG for winning that meaningless game so that we missed out on Brandon Roy. But then given how Roy's career was shortened by injuries, maybe there's some good karma in not tanking.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure you can go both ways. Just imagine what it would like had the Thunder not traded us James Harden.

Howard would probably not be here. We probably would have thought of Tanking?!

Or another shot at Royce White? Be Well

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought a player drawing up plays wasn't too bad until I see it was Embiid doing it. Having a veteran player do it is one thing -- gives him a developmental opportunity -- but giving the pen to a guy with no experience is just plain tanking. Not the sort that GMs do, but actually trying to lose the game sort of tanking.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Incorrect.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On lottery reform, owners again concluded &quot;we are not ready for a change,&quot; Silver says.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/589123054162305024">April 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>