1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

When will Yao's elbow brace come off?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scyman, Dec 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Why is Yao still wearing that thing? Didn't they say he would have to wear if for like 10 days at the beginning of the season? It's been way longer than that and he's still wearing it.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was wondering about the same thing. Yao has yet to make a 17 foot out wide open jumper in this season. He was pretty good at it last two seasons. I bet that brace is bothering his shot. It will be nice for him to have the midde range shot back. Then the pNr between him and Tmac will be really fearsome.

3. clove

clove Contributing Member

Me too.

Having a 4(or is it 5?) pound weight on your arm has got to mess with your shot a little bit.

4. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I tried to tie a 5 pound sandbag on my left elbow the other day and I lost ALL of my shooting touch, if there was ever any.

5. ataniwan

ataniwan Contributing Member

Maybe now he likes it and already used to it. :cool:

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

:D
    At least immiate a healthy soft Yao, not an injured one.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

That is like add-on weight. How can one be used to that?

8. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Hopefully when it comes off he'll feel like everything is easier and it'll elevate his game.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Talking about injuries. Did you all notice Tmac has really thing legs. That eplains why he was injury prone.

10. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I heard he had it on against san antonio just to remind rasho how he got the injury. I guess that was a joke?

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If the ligament is still partially torn (which my guess is yes... unless Yao has wolverine-like healing abilities), he has to continue wearing the brace for fear that if he doesn't... and his arm bends a ceratin way.... the whole thing could snap.

Yao's elbow is already prone to further injury... the brace is essentially protecting him from that.

If it was destroying his shooting, they'd try to find another solution.... but he's still hitting his turnarounds (when he gets the good elevation), and his free throw shooting (probably the most accurate estimator of how impaired/unimpaired his shot is) is still close to 80%.

Also, in case you guys forgot, its on his off shooting arm... meaning his hook shots, and one-handed tip rebounds should not be effected, since he uses his good arm for that.

Honestly, I think the brace hampers you guys more than it does Yao.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

I remember seeing Yao thowing that brace off his arm out of fraustration.
    Yao mentioned to a Chinese reported how it bothered his shooting.
    I dont know how his brace hapmers us fan? Are we held back from being a better fan because of his brace?

13. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Ouch burned.

14. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

Anybody here ever watched Dragon Ball Z?
    Here's the story:

Goku travels to another planet on a gravitational space ship, he experiments with the gravity on that ship and tries 10000 gravity... it was like 10000 pounds on him... he got used to it and when he took it off, it was like he could move way faster and got WAY stronger and swoller that he defeated his enemy, VEGETA!!!:eek: :eek:

yeah maybe yao get swoll:cool:

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................and turn super saiyan:D

15. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

whoops didnt know the dots would do that:(

16. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

are you saying that when he takes it off yao is gonna shotput it every time he shoots :mad:

:D

17. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

There was an article in the Houston Chronicle. It's coming off when he's completely healed and then a couple extra games for good measure. So I'm guessing by the end of the month or in early January.