1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets getting new uniforms??? Rockets Shop with real cheap jerseys!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Apr 3, 2010.

1. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

The Rockets shop currently has all of there jerseys at remarkably low prices. Replicas from $25, Swingman from $36, and authentic from $79. All adult sizes. These are really low, and it leads me to believe that we are getting new uniforms next year, or they are just creating the same uniform style for home, away, and alternate. I know a lot of us thought it would be nice to have new uniforms with the style of the alternates, just doing them with our current primary home and away colors. Thoughts? Just thinking out loud since the season is grinding to a close.

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The Rockets Shop at Toyota Center?

Were they all number 3 jerseys?

4. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Rockets shop online. No number 3 jerseys left! I guess all the people who miss Mac bought them all up!

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I would hope so, I don't like our current jersey's..... reminds me of freaking candy canes!!

--RB

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I might get me a swingman Scola, I guess they just want to clear their stock being season end soon.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Its prob on sale because the season is almost over. It will be cheaper in the summer time.

8. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Maybe it's all on sale because this will be a whole new team next year. Fire Sale! Everyone must go!

I forget where it was at, but didn't Morey say something to the affect that, "This team may not even be recognizable next year."?

Hopefully we still have Scola and Bud next year...I just got a Scola Swingman on the cheap at the Nuggets game. Got a Bud Alt jersey from the unveiling at the Thunder game.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe because there's no playoffs, so they have to get rid of the extra merchandise before the season ends!??

They're not going to pop up with new jerseys all of a sudden. Fans will know at least the season before, even with alternates. It's too late now to decide to bring out a new uniform.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Its because the season is ending, people dont buy rockets gear in the summer, when is not regular season or playoffs, so they need to low the prices.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

We can only hope for the real ketchup and mustard to return...

HOUSton :)

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Not new uniforms.... Expect new style (stitching, fabric).

I have nothing specific. Just word from talking to a couple of team shop workers.

#12 Stevierebel, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Like a few people above said, it's because the season is wrapping up, happens every year. I got my alt Scols authentic for 30% off a couple of weeks back during a sale there.

14. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

WRONG. No one wanted to buy them so the Rockets shipped them off to Haiti for charity. :grin:

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

These are great prices about 40-50% off of prices on other web sites.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, its new fans of Hilton Armstrong that took all the #3 jerseys.

17. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Can we please push for the black jerseys with red trim..those would be amazing

18. jcheung1017

jcheung1017 Member

They must be trading the whole team away next year for Lebron, Wade and Bosh ;) . I am in for a couple jerseys :) Thanks for the Heads Up

19. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

haha. I think I did see some tv footage of Haitians walking around in both #1 and #3 tmac jerseys.

If anyone missed out on #1 or #3 tmac jerseys, look at Marshall's, Ross, or TJ Max. I saw $7- $10 from youth to Adult sizes, of replica & swingman McGrady jerseys and Los Rockets jerseys . Maybe the Team Store shipped them to those places??

I was upset Rockets didnt wear the red & mustard championship jerseys once this year. Last year we wore those at least once, I know we have the new alternate, but still. Rockets really don't capitalize on the jersey sales. Look at the Cavs, see how many jerseys they wear?? its ridiculous. If Rockets would change up their jerseys they wear during the game, fans will buy whatever the Rockets wear!

I like the current jerseys a lot, and I love the lettering. I wouldnt mind having them add another jersey to the mix, as long as they still wear all of the jerseys, and have like 5-6 jerseys they cycle wearing. A new jersey could be really symbolic of this new team we will have in November, but seems a little soon after we just got an alternate.

20. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I agree! but Portland kind of took the red,black & white combo! We're the red, white and silver and sometimes yellow combo. I dont know if they would stay away from the black jerseys for that purpose. At least sell them in the team shop for the fans!!