1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Houston Rockets- 40 Years of Tradition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jackfruit, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Pretty awesome video shown at Toyota Center...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVy-scLgPvk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVy-scLgPvk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excellent, respect to history and tradition is path to glory!

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

peanuts! get ur peanuts here!
    I think I head the infamous peanuts or beer man in the background haha.

4. dividend

dividend Member

oh the memories :D

i find it a bit weird though that they jumped from barkley to yao skipping the whole francis era. francis was our heart and soul transitioning those years

5. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

he was the heart and soul of 4 straight lottery years...

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i loved that vid from last year. Even though I was a season tix holder, i tried to get there early enough to watch that video. I almost shed a tear everytime I watch. Love the whole transition at the end with the old to new players.

I agree with the whole ignoring Francis years, I thought it was disrespectful, but at the same time, I guess they thought it wouldve felt weird to have Francis/Cat there because, well they are still playing.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think the biggest Tragedy is or was Ralph Sampson. had it not being for those chronic injurie, he could have been the greatest rocket of alltime. a 7'4 atheletic freak who could shoot, run, pass and play defense. it's truly a sad thing it never panned out for him.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes, because we had such an amazing roster right? Moochie Norris, Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato are locks for the Hall of Fame.

9. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

are they going to do the same thing for the upcoming season or are they switching themes?

10. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

I hope they keep doing it...it really pumped up alot of fans..esp the countdown right after with the sandstorm song

i think they should have a welcome back theme on opening night for francis and the whole team = )

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Spectacular video.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I'm pretty sure there gonna have a special thing organized for francis and james reurning. francis in particular.

13. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

ooops i forgot MJ...well i said whole so that counts = P

anyone know why schedule wasnt released today? i got an e-mail saying it would be from the rockets..

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it was probably delayed till tomorrow so the league can put more Celtics games on Network TV after the KG trade.

Who wants to bet that the Rockets will have like 12 appearances on network TV only for the league to drop them later in the season? :(

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If it's Released it would be at NBA.com. i cant wait to play the Celtics. kick there behinds. :D

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Ralph Sampson should never pay for dinner ever in houston as long as any Rocket fan is the same restaurant. Whenever they talk about the Showtime Dynasty, they will always have to mention that there was one team in the West that did beat them, and there was one glorious game, and one HERO of that game. a ROCKET HERO for any generation!

17. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

We never get any love from ABC or espn...sometimes TNT...not really eff the haters

ROCKETS DONT NEED YALL = )

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

That series could have been a perlude to things to come if ralph stayed healthy. that 86 rockets team had all the ingridents of becoming a powerhouse if ralph stayed healthy. :( . before duncan and robinson, the real twin towers were in houston.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

man, that gave me chills. i love the rockets. i cant wait for the sesaon to start

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Mehdi,

were you here during the Jordan Years? the Magic, Bird years?
    how many times you think the Rockets were shown on National TV then.

Such crap. we get so much more than we've ever had. thanks partially to yao, and tmac. Both superstars, one has a billion fans of his own.

they are not yet on the same plane of existence as Hakeem was, and the Rockets then didn't get much TV. The time we started getting tons of TV was when Chuck showed up. Thanks Chuck!