1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Carolina Restaurant Offering a 15% "Praying In Public" Discount Has People All Pissed Off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by i3artow i3aller, Aug 5, 2014.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The discount was not given to everyone who prayed. In addition they would also discount for someone who meditated. Even an atheist could meditate for a moment or so over their food without sacrificing their integrity.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

.... or just quietly labor to squeeze out a silent fart.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do municipalities around the country have to make laws regarding protesting at funerals because of some crazies out of Kansas City?

We live in a highly interconnected and open country.

4. giddyup

Well, they show up at remote locations and ruin services; that's an entirely different scenario.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if they just sued the families of service men that would be OK?

Either way a group from another state is disrupting the activities of another. It's annoying and overblown but unless we want to limit travel, access to the courts and freedom of speech things like this will happen in our society.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

What, a guy can't fart out loud and still get a discount? Why do we have to keep it silent?

;) :D

7. Nook

Nook Member

Yes hundreds of thousands of your brothers killed in the Middle East just over the last 5 years or so... Hell 150,000 in Syria alone.

They are your brothers... They bleed like you, love like you and have dreams all the same.... Just saying that is more important than some dungeon and dragon playing atheist deciding to moan about a 15% discount at a diner they have never heard of, in a state they don't even visit.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Sudies Catfish House on Spencer Hwy in Pasadena gives you a 10% discount of Sundays if you bring in a church bulletin.

9. giddyup

At least the family can say its goodbyes in the manner they find befitting.

I feel you are really stretching here to try and make a point; on what grounds are they suing? :confused:

Let it get thrown out in court....

10. giddyup

Well, yeah....

Not sure what this is about. Are you saying I should not have commented on the thread? I'm half an hour away from the diner and it was a hot topic on local radio so I had a perspective that others did not. It's my backyard.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's obviously a frowny face with a soul patch. :)

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

pretty funny package on this from The Daily Show..

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:07d9969b-07c6-4b8b-85b0-b069ce33c292" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a>,<a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos">Daily Show Video Archive</a></p></div></div>