1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond Highlights

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by batkins, Dec 12, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Andre Drummond Highlights - University of Connecticut

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fxzatwVFwnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <HR>
    Drummond highlight reel from high school

1 person likes this.
  2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't think he's gonna come out this year.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He said in an interview to draftexpress, that if he's eligible his declaring for the draft.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought the same thing about Demarcus Cousins after 8-9 games. Give him the whole year to see how much he develops. All it takes is for NBA scouts think he has potential and Drummond is automatically top 5.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Guy seems like a sure thing, allstar. Looks like a mix of DH and Stat, This is who we should tank for, or gut the team for.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The fact that Thabeet gave him fits this summer makes me nervous, but that size and leaping ability at that age is impressive. Don't know much about his post game (right now we're just seeing DeAndre Jordan-like alleyoops), but I'm guessing it needs a lot of work. Tons of potential here though.

Nice job, batkins... thank you!

7. Nook

Nook Member

I expect that he is close to a lock to go in the top 5. He has all the requisite physical skills scouts look for, wide base, good frame, smooth movement, good athleticism and leaping ability.

Still, I dont think he is as explosive as guys like Amare, Griffin or Kemp. Certainly a good enough athlete, but I dont see the quickness off the ground to get by without a more refined game.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well in his defense, his a lot bigger then those guys (currently 6'11 / 7'5 wingspan/ 9'4 standing reach). Come draft day he'll most likely be over 7'0, given his currently 6'11, and just turned 18 a few months ago.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He actually has a ok post game and mid range jumper. Here's a better look at him:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mXB6vc5Z_A4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

... definitely no thabeet or DeAndre J.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I see him as the best prospect since Blake Griffin. I would be ecstatic if he ended up on our team some how.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He's got a little Chris Webber in him

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I don't like this guy. Putting my foot in the sand as a hater right now. Amare and Chris Webber are/were not franchise players. Good 3rd best player on a championship team, OK second banana, but not superstar.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

That mixtape is crazy.

14. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Some of you guys crack me up! I'd trade anyone on this team or half our team for this guy. He's a stud and is goin to be an all star in the NBA. Hope we have a shot at getting him.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's gross dude...

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Oh didn't know that, I hope he stock drops low enough for us to trade for him.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is insane! In whatever order, Anthony Davis and Drummond will go 1, 2 in next year's draft guaranteed. Book it.

Everybody please look at this video.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Any big man that can move laterally, is semi-athletic, and has great court vision will succeed in the NBA. Hopefully he grows to a full 7 foot, the Rockets draft him, and we become a force in the West!

19. RedHotRockets01

Great stuff!!!! I hope we somehow get into the top 3 and end up with Drummond, Barnes, or Davis!!!

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

For an analysis of his game see nbadraft.net. Simply a stunning prospect though. Doesn't get much better as a prospect unless your name is Blake.