1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Rockets Radio Game Broadcasts in Toyota Center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moomoo, Nov 9, 2003.

1. moomoo

moomoo Member

I went to the game last night and brought my walkman radio hoping to catch the call from Gene and Jim on 610 AM.

I got nothing but static, no signal, radio useless.

Didn't I read on here that the Rockets org was going to set up some sort of AM transmitter inside the TC to allow spectators to listen to the game call?

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I thought this was the case also. It may just not be set up yet.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I remember they put a radio antena around the end of last season in the Compaq Center. I hope they put one in the TC.

4. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Jeff,

I brought this question up on the Rocketsfancoucil forum but no response yet.

I too thought they were going to have it in the the Toyota. It really sucks that I dont know what the individual stats are doing the game or why a person might not be in the game.

I also tried bringing my T.V. with me but I couldnt get reception with it either. I am hoping it was because my batteries were low.

5. Tim

Tim Member

We're working on it with 610 -- rest assured, it's on the list.

Tim

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

What's in front of it, drug testing? ;)

7. Tim

Tim Member

The antenna has been installed -- we're just getting the wiring finished off right now. It should be working in a few games.

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Can't beat quick and personal responses like that! :)

So what's next on the checklist? Are you finding a replacement for Turbo? I hear Clutch has madd hopz.