1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gov. Abbott keeping Texas safe from ISIS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It's great and all and he's a smart man, but it sure isn't hard to go where you want to go in this country.

I'm curious what an American vote would be if they polled if you would allow Syrian refugees in this country.

I'd say it would be 85% saying no. So how exactly does that get approved?

This idea should be halted immediately as one of the attackers were identified as a "fake refugee".

Yay lets bring them to us.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

You do realize that unlike Europe we would have the benefit of a screening process. Because of the Schengen agreement, Syrian refugees can go country to country without border checks. You simply have to make it into a periphery country and you can travel at will.

The US on the other hand can pick and choose who they will take and subject them to proper screenings.

4. tmacfor35

You do realize the FBI has stated they are not fully prepared for this as there background checks would provide very little information.

So you support this? Wow.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is just saying TX refuses to participate in the program. Other states can do whatever and if and once Syrian's refugee are in the US (green card I assume), they can freely travel anywhere within the US.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

7. Major

Major Member

Is the assumption that ISIS needs to use a long and complex refugee process to get people into countries (the US process takes months of vetting through both the UN and the US government)? The last 20 years of global terrorism would suggest otherwise. If they want to get people into a country, it's not hard to do so.

You're basically just falling right into the exact response that ISIS has stated in their own public strategy document.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e0ca84-87d1-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html

The Islamic State’s strategy is to polarize Western society — to “destroy the grayzone,” as it says in its publications. The group hopes frequent, devastating attacks in its name will provoke overreactions by European governments against innocent Muslims, thereby alienating and radicalizing Muslim communities throughout the continent.

The strategy is explicit. The Islamic State explained after the January attacks on Charlie Hebdo magazine that such attacks “compel the Crusaders to actively destroy the grayzone themselves. . . . Muslims in the West will quickly find themselves between one of two choices, they either apostatize . . . or they [emigrate] to the Islamic State and thereby escape persecution from the Crusader governments and citizens.” The group calculates that a small number of attackers can profoundly shift the way that European society views its 44 million Muslim members and, as a result, the way European Muslims view themselves. Through this provocation, it seeks to set conditions for an apocalyptic war with the West.

2 people like this.
  8. tmacfor35

Of course this comes down to human reasoning.

Why are you being evacuated from your home in the first place?

http://buzzpo.com/this-is-the-most-disturbing-muslim-refugee-video-you-will-ever-see/

Watch that video. I choose not to fall in to that trap.

They say Isis makes up .007 of the Muslim population. If you hate being grouped together, then do something about it. It isn't our responsibility to rescue a country whose population greatly overwhelms the ISIS supporters.Why aren't they fighting back? Why must we be called upon to relieve the pressure.

#8 tmacfor35, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Considering how it went for Paris, I can't blame him for this tweet.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sounds like Piyush Jindal is following suit.

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

No one is safe.

12. Major

Major Member

Because ISIS is trying to kill them.

So you just jump on any propaganda video you see?

They are - they are fleeing.

They are fighting back - that's why there's a gigantic civil war going on in Syria for the last few years. Civilians and fighters are two different things.

Because we can. And because every day civilians live in a warzone is a day that ISIS has an opportunity to recruit and convert them. It's both a humanitarian and strategic thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

There has not been one ISIS attack in my neighborhood. This is due totally to my and the civic club's determination to resist radical Muslim Jihadism in all aspects past present and future.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ISIS is not just playing to anti-Islamic sentiment, they are actively promoting it. They are very smart and manipulative.

ATW must be their hero.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xSVqLHghLpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tmacfor35 = Homer

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Can I buy your rock?

17. leroy

Sorry, tmacfor35 already bought it.

[​IMG]

18. leroy

There's one other issue with Governor Dip****'s letter...he doesn't have the jurisdiction.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think we need to take this a step further. I am no longer comfortable with syrians in the state. I think we need to round them and send them back to mexico.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

what a racist thing to do?!??!