1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Basketball Madness!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Hayesfan, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

If you want to see John Wall and company for the first time in a UK jersey tonight is the night!!

Supposed to be on ESPNU so if you get it you can watch our dunk contest... Eric Bledsoe, John Wall and Jon Hood all three have something special planned :)

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Must be so cool to be associated with such a prestigious basketball program.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

:confused:

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You know. To have a minor event get national attention because your school is that legit. That is fun.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

are they planning on taking any banners down at UK tonight? you know just to prep for a couple years down the line :D

6. Hayesfan

Nah, we will just build a bigger stadium to hold more! ;)

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. Hayesfan

I said that about Patrick last year when he could possibly come out. The kid is a more offensively talented less defensively talented Chuck.

:) I would love to have him on the Rockets.

He's working on his outside play as well right now. He's got a decent looking jumpshot... so we will see how well he does this season, but I see him being late lottery.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm tired of the hype. Let the games begin. How much longer is it, about 4 weeks? I'll be too immersed in the NBA season to watch any college basketball except for UK and another team or two. I need a Kevin Durant or Michael Beasley to grab my attention. Maybe John Wall will be it this time. Or maybe UK's entire team if they live up to the hype.

10. Hayesfan

I doubt it's possible for the UK team to live up to the hype here in KY. I swear talking to some people they expect not to lose a game all season.

Our first game is Nov 13th vs Morehead ST on ESPNU

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

KY does have a lot of talent. They have such a classy coach, too. No classier guy in college basketball or anywhere in the world than Coach Cal.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ed Davis (stud), John Henson (fr. stud).. can't wait to see UNC get back at it.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yep, that KY is pretty slick.

14. Hayesfan

[​IMG]

Heehee... it's going to be a fun year!

15. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Aren't some of your new players having some eligibility issues? Haven't read the latest news.

16. Hayesfan

Not really. There is a question about John Wall's former coach being registered as an agent while he was coaching amateurs, but the worst that will happen is he has to pay money back if the guy paid for anything for him on a trip and if there is a lot found he may miss a couple games.

As of right now, there is no definite connection but it's being investigated it. The rest of the incoming are not having any issues. There is a bunch of legal stuff at kentuckysportsradio.com but you have to go back to last week to find it.

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

give it some time....calipari always has an ace up his sleeve :D