1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Give ISIS What It Wants.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 18, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Baba Booey.. In the hope that the Baba Booeys out there are not fooled again. Baba Booey seems to be just having anxiety and ruminating, but his specutlations might be due to consuming new fabrications by the neo-con types on the Fox transmission belt.

Just a review on one tactic of how the Bush and Cheneys and the neo-cons fooled us into the Iraq War Debacle.

THE GREAT IRAQI MOBILE GERM WEAPON HOAX

The fraudulent Curve ball was cited by Colon Powell who used his then image of credibility in a very effective speech to promote the war. Dubya cited Curveball also. At the time the liberal press as cited by opponents of the war even on clutch fans were citing articles doubting old Curveballs claims, but since it did not hit the NYT and the mainstream media had little influence

****from wikipedia

Secretary of State Colin Powell gave a presentation before the United Nations showing a computer generated view of what the laboratories looked like. He said Iraq had as many as 18 mobile facilities for making anthrax and botulinum toxin. "They can produce enough dry, biological agent in a single month to kill thousands upon thousands of people."

The information behind the mobile vehicles had come from the multiple informants but the main and most important one was known as Curveball. Curveball was an Iraqi refugee in Germany.[3] He claimed that after he had graduated at the top of his chemical engineering class at Baghdad University in 1994, he worked for “Dr. Germ,” the pseudonym of British-trained microbiologist Rihab Rashid Taha.[3] He led a team that built mobile labs to create biological WMD[3] Curveball was never actually interviewed by American intelligence and in May 2004, over a year after the invasion of Iraq, the CIA concluded formally that Curveball's information was fabricated. Furthermore, on June 26, 2006, the Washington Post reported that "the CIA acknowledged that Curveball was a con artist who drove a taxi in Iraq and spun his engineering knowledge into a fantastic but plausible tale about secret bioweapons factories on wheels."[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_weapons_laboratory#Iraqi_Mobile_weapons_laboratories

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They want their 72 Virgins each. Good Patriotic Americans should donate their virgin sisters to the cause. It would greatly please Uncle Sam and help thwart future attacks.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Don't make assumptions about me and Iraq.

I was 100% opposed to the second Iraq war and voiced my opinions very loudly at the time, even losing two friendships over of it. History has shown
    me to be correct on that stance.

This current situation is different than the neo-cons purposefully lying and getting us involved in a full scale invasion. This situation is not even related to the misinformation regarding the invasion of Iraq.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Eye for an eye here, reading your posts I think you may be affiliated with ISIS. Seriously, anymore of your **** and I'll report you.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, he posts he is against using WOD and you are going to report HIM?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Go shove a stick up your ass.

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Something very concerning to me is that Fox News is posting full length ISIS execution videos. I think that some people are so hell bent on discrediting the president that they have begun highlighting our enemies work in order to discredit him.

8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Shove one up your fat ass.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If ISIS really wants to **** with the US, they'll recruit US citizens to legally buy a bunch of handguns and shoot up universities. The right will all convert to Islam, and the left will start sending suicide bombers to blow up gun shops.

Maybe then send them to shoot up Planned Parenthood.

#169 Ottomaton, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Dems/media (but I repeat myself) all agree: ISIS wants us to destroy them

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KTFw4CbEEyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. amaru

amaru Member

You can start by calling this ISIL or Daesh......instead of corrupting the name of the Egyptian goddess Isis.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is that your take. My take was that ISIS wants us to help them in their recruiting efforts.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How very Jewish. Nothing against Judaism . . . I'm just assuming you know that Jesus specifically repudiated this when he said "whosoever shall smite the on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." You're quoting from the Old Testament.

Further, "eye for an eye" is something anti-Muslims generally hate, for instance chopping off the hand of a thief or cutting off the dick of a rapist. But, to each his own.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with this thread is that it's "Don't give ISIS what it wants".

It should be really, "Don't give neocons what it wants". ISIS is still more valuable to neocons than the other way around. They both use each other. ISIS uses neocons to give itself a great enemy to drive recruitment - the fear is useful.

But Neocons use ISIS to create fear as well and to help it win elections and drive up the rhetoric.