1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is ther NO videos off Ryan Malletts passing (2014)??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Angkor Wat, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So I made one. Not the greatest quality, all I had was nfl game pass, a smart phone and my laptop. Couldnt find actual highlights/files anywhere so this was the best I could do. It at least gives us an idea what how hes looked this year and should hold us down until Sunday.

Again, sorry for the bootleg type quality (make sure to watch in 1080p). At least nobody walking in front on the shot lol

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FgzN9zrYu-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6 people like this.
  2. JamesC

JamesC Member

Thanks for making and sharing this! I was literally just looking for some Mallett videos and wound up watching his 2011 Sugar Bowl video. Much appreciated...will rep.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Seems like he messes up some easy throws and then turns around and makes a really difficult one. Like any QB does a lot better with a clean pocket. Mobility doesn't seem as bad as people say and he's harder to bring down than Fitz. Overall looks inconsistent - a lot of those bad throws could turn into picks, and a lot of the good throws could've been catches by better receivers than the Patriots B/C team offense. I guess we'll find out on Sunday what we've got.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Great job on the video.

I feel his accuracy has to definitely improve. Anyone that says he's more immobile than Schaub, though, is joking with you. I came away fairly impressed with his movement, compared to what I thought.

Dat arm.:eek:

7. conquistador#11

so it does exist! best kept secret since the philadelphia experiment

hope he can see the entire field and make quick decisions

8. Remii

Remii Member

He's alot more mobile than giving credit for and has a great arm.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Being able to have time to get on the same page as his recievers will improve his accuracy. TEXANS GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD!!! < thats my mid season change optimism kickin in.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

BTW, nice screen on 3rd and 17. BUT I THOUGHT ONLY THE TEXANS DID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!<>!?!M<WO{!KPOJ@D")!@E

12. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

At best, he looks like he'll perform at a very average level for us, similar to Matt Schaub (less accurate but more mobile). I just hope he's not the kind of guy whose performance skirts the line on whether he's the long term answer or not. With McNair as our owner, that line is pretty low already.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yup. That's about what I remember.

I just hope he doesn't have to slide. My goodness, he's lucky he didn't explode his knee

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who do you blow a knee out by sliding? Ask Mallet.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Observations:

Anyone who says that he's less mobile than Schaub is blind. Schaub always looked like he was running through quick sand.

Cannon for an arm.

Misses some easy throws, has pretty solid accuracy on his deep balls.

Honestly, after watching this I am more optimistic about how he will perform. He definitely isn't without issues, but his accuracy certainly doesn't look worse than Fitzpatrick's. Mobility looks similar as well. He can actually throw the ball further than 20 yards as well, which could be useful.

Hopefully he is good under pressure.

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a nice write-up on Texans fan site (link) that talked about how Mallett had good control over the offense and made the right reads. It got me a little excited to see what he could do if given the reins. He's got his shot now, let's see what he can do.

I can just see him listening to "Lose Yourself" in the locker room Sunday morning. Hoping that he can show what he is (good or bad) so that the team can better know what they've got with him for the future.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Thanks for the video

Like everyone has said, he looks a lot more mobile than has been talked about. But he also looks inaccurate on those long throws. Usually over-throwing them.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Those receivers were horrible...there were college football type drops in there

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Must be a new england thing, because Hoyer blew out his knee from a really crappy slide too.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was going to post the same exact thing.