1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Babin the new Boki?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by wesnesked, Aug 23, 2005.

1. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

I know this may be a little pre-mature, but I have the thought in the back of my mind that Jason Babin is going to be the new Boki Nachbar. Watching Babin last year (yes I know it was his first year at the position)and these two pre-season games, I just don't know if he is going to have what it takes to be a playmaker. He looks slow, has weak moves to get around the tackle, and looks lost in coverage. I compare his situation to Boki's, both were first round picks, and had reasonble hopes. I think we are going to end up like we were in Boki's situation, waiting and hoping for this guy to produce when he just doesn't have it. Did anybody see Demarcus Ware tear it up during the Cowboy game last night? I really wanted the Texans to get this guy and I know he wasn't around when they were originally slotted, but hell with the pick we gave up for Babin last year, we maybe could have moved up a couple spots to get him. I hope I'm wrong and he steps it up and is very productive, but we'll just have to wait and see....Go Texans!

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

Its funny you mention that. I've also wondered if Babin is going to live up to expectations. Seeing as how they gave up 3 draft picks last year to get him I havent been impressed with his play so far even though its still early. I do hope he finds his niche in the defense. Watching Demarcus Ware tear it up last night made me hope Babin can get it together.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Babin is the first rookie to ever start at OLB in the 3-4.

Give him another season or two already.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ditto.