1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Was it Johnson...??? May have been. But that was a beautiful pass and the defender just made a great play to knock it away at the last second.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's not about being right or wrong, Bobby (though I'm not surprised that's how you see things).

It's about an absence of any engagement on your part. Several posters articulated a very reasonable scenario in which a different QB might very well improve the pass protection. But over and over and over and over and over again, you wagged your finger and told us nope; no way.

I actually think you're a fairly knowledgeable poster. But you treat everyone here like a dummy. And while some absolutely ... fail to raise the level of discourse, quite a few others do. You should make more of an effort to distinguish and post accordingly.

3. Hey Now!

I think that was overblown last night; Revis' manwas Reggie Wayne, who is a pedestrian WR right now. Joseph or Jackson could effectively limit him (in fact, they already have: he was 4/35 in the first meeting). It's about our safeties being disciplined and our pass rush wreaking Luck's timing.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like he should have led him a little more.
    Also looks like it was a bit of pass interference. Just not obvious because it was more subtle body pushing and momentum... made it impossible for Hopkins to jump back enough. Which means great defense.

I think he just missed the throw a bit... either option looked open. Just looked like a great play-action...

5. Hey Now!

IIRC, this and the first throw of the game to AJ were his two longest throws... and he put too much air on both, which is probably a component of overthinking the throw; trying to put a little too much touch on it. Both balls called for zips, which we know he's capable of throwing.

Had he thrown a laser, it beats Hopkins to the pylon and is either 6 or an innocent drop. Hopkins actually had to slow down for the throw. It stayed in the air a loooooong time.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the throw was off a bit, but that's a super hard pass to make. He missed perfection by less than a foot....if he continues to be that accurate then we might be on to something.

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My earlier post pretty much agrees with what you're saying here. The only thought was that maybe they could put a little more speed back there to help with the deep stuff in the form of a CB versus Swagg/Lewis/Manning being the last line of defense on top of Hilton. We can't let Hilton take the top off of the D if we're going to have a chance against them.

All that being said, would be great to go into that game 8-5 :grin:

8. Remii

Remii Member

I'll take a few bad throws... Bad things can happen when the ball is put in the air. Not bad at all for his 1st start _ that was on the road in cold weather. I'm sure his nerves were high and the butterflies were tumbling. He had more good plays than bad and his bad plays didn't kill the team. That's what I concentrate more on for guys getting their 1st go around than what they did wrong. Some of you are nitpicking over his few bad plays. Brady and Luck both were throwing interceptions last night... Eli had 5 freakin interceptions yesterday. And it may can be argued that Nuk could have played DB and prevented that interception and Mallet didn't take a sack.

Mallet had no OTA's, no training camp, or no live preseason action with this team... Lol... Just one game but there should be a little more excitement around here about him.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

As for me, I am very excited. I think is going to prove to be the future. I was very impressed with him at Arkansas, the Gruden interview was a shocker (because he was supposed to be dense, not so), and anybody that has worked as long and hard and makes the best of his first chance should be applauded. There will be a learning curve, bumps in the road, but I think he is has a high upside. Will he be the second coming of Warren Moon, perhaps not, but he might be the first coming of Ryan Mallet.

10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I liked John Harris article on observations from the game.

I would post the link but this website is crazy and won't let me (it used to). It's on the Houston Atexans website.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think arguing at this point about whether or not Ryan Mallet is the guy is just pointless. It's obviously way too early to tell, let's just be happy we got the win and Mallet played well enough to get the win. Am I the only one thinking about making the playoffs THIS year? Heard we're favored to beat Cincy next week, let's get it!!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Browns waived RB Ben Tate, team announced.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/534740875943755776">November 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

LOL... good for him.

He rightly deserves none of that contract that had him overpaid to begin with.

So much for him being "better" than Foster...

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can bet the Colts will scoop him up....better than the last Browns RB they got.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Let them... if he's not injured, he's underperforming. And even if he's playing, he's a headache to deal with in the locker-room.

Tate needs to be humbled... significantly. He's accomplished nothing in this league, except showing brief glimpses (when healthy) in running in a Shannahan/Kubiak RB friendly system.

17. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member