1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you agree with this

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 20, 2016.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yyBYn"><a href="//imgur.com/yyBYn"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Agree with all of them but not sure about Kobe.

3. thejav

thejav Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree with MJ, Steph and Magic.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

not sure about Kobe, others looks good.

6. MystikArkitect

Could Steph do his for long than like...2 years before getting anointed?

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah all but Kobe, MJ and Hakeem could claim
    the most skilled title

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

does most skilled mean most marketed?

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kobe is not the most skilled. The only thing Kobe is good at is jacking up shots.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Statistically Steph has been the best shooter in the NBA since his rookie year. His numbers have just gotten sicker with age.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I feel like they made Kobe 'Most Skilled' just to put him somewhere on the post. He was basically a lesser clone of MJ, so what exactly makes him more skilled than MJ? I don't have a problem with any of the other ones.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I feel like someone like Chris Paul would be the most skilled. He's great at ball handling, creating his own shot, creating shots for others, passing, terrific defender for his position. Awesome floor general and ect. Only real blemishes on CP3 is he's a notorious flopper and you wouldn't want to ask him to guard 3s or higher. Plus with CP3 he has maintained everything about him unlike Kobe who stopped playing defense lIke he could have after '06 or so. The right I see it is put all of CP3s skills in LeBron's body and we probably have the true GOAT. Do that with most other players and I don't think they will compare. CP3 is just an example to as someone who is more 'skilled' than Kobe though. I mean MJ is more skilled than Kobe in almost every single way lol. Actually, shoot, I'd probably put Larry Bird as the most 'skilled'. Bird could do it all and was definitely better than Kobe and most other legends.

Also best defender is a tough one too. There's been so many great defenders in the league, but I'm cool with Dream getting the nod haha.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kob was more allround and No 1 emulator of great players

He is not the most original but he is in No 2 in many departments

and the greatest chucker with average efficiency

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not know but I would give Greatest Passer to both Magic and O. Robertson.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think Bill Russell is the best defender, though Hakeem the better player since he's ten times the scorer.

Wouldn't the most skilled be Lebron or Jordan, seeing as they are good at everything? Basically for most skilled I would think we're talking about triple/quadruple double machines who are good scorers and defenders. Getting by your man is not the only skill. Hakeem could be in this conversation too, but he wasn't a good enough passer for most of his career. He was unstoppable on offense, defense, steals, rebounds, blocks though.

Greatest player and greatest overall player is the same thing.

I think by greatest overall they meant most well rounded player, which is the same as the most skilled player + mental side. So you go with Jordan for that.

Curry is the best shooter in history, no doubt in my mind about that. The numbers are just astonishing and he is lucky to have come into a team/league that gave him the green light to shoot unlimited 3's from so early in his career.

I'm ok with Vince as best dunker and Magic as best passer. Nash and Kidd could make cases for best passer but they weren't as successful for as long as Magic was.

Or are we underestimating Rubio here? :D hahaha

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

Won't agree on Magic, best passing big, yes.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I would go with Bird at most skilled. Kobe had a lot of physical gifts. Bird lacked some of those physical tools and was still top notch at every aspect of the game. Bird had a 40% 50% 90% season, Kobe never approached that kind of efficiency from the field. Better assist numbers, better rebounder, and arguably a more rugged defender.

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I think I would have made MJ the Greatest Player and Kobe the Greatest Scorer.

20. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Most "What Ifs"
    [​IMG]