1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] Summer Olympics Exhibition Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 22, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Somehow, the facebook live stream is 7 seconds ahead of the NBATV broadcast lol. Btw, who is Argentina's point guard? looked pretty good on a few plays early.

3. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The starting lineups and rosters for tonight's USA-Argentina game in Las Vegas. <a href="https://t.co/CClH6M6Hji">pic.twitter.com/CClH6M6Hji</a></p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/756653291061125121">July 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I know this is only a quarter and a half in to the first exhibition game, but if this US intensity is a sign of things to come, we are going to wafflecrush the Olympics.

5. shastarocket

Bald Manu is a little unsettling.

Also, we may get to see Delfino get some minutes

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Haha yeah... first time I noticed that, it took me a sec to figure out who it was. First that was srs 'why is Kendall Marshall playing for Argentina'.

7. shastarocket

Delfino is in...and guarding Durant hahaha

8. shastarocket

DELFINO STRIPPED DURANT LOLOLOLOLOLOL

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

10. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

RE-Sign him

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

my friend from Argentina

12. rockets13champs

Smh... WHERES PAAAABLO

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The USA perimeter guard defense looks great...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durantula on a shooting rampage, get even with the naysayers

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Argentina is one of the better teams. Who is going to give these guys a game if they keep playing at this intensity level (which I assume they will)?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Observations from watching bits and pieces against Argentina:

This version of Team USA looks like they might turn back the clock 20-30 years. Their length and ability to switch on defense is a sight to watch.

17. DMO (DJ remix)

Some of you are heavily, i mean very heavily r****ded, just because Argentina got some big names, that doesn't mean they're team to beat. or anything of sorts, and while US will most likely going to cakewalk to the gold, due their superiority, Argentina ain't the team to give them fits due to their age.

There might be few teams that could give US fits, but Argentina is clearly past their prime.

18. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

It'll be interesting to see how well Zhou Qi plays against the US team in the next couple of warm up games.

ZQ has been pretty disappointing thus far in the CNT warm up games. Hopefully he'll step up at least make some positive impression though I am not optimistic. He has good timing on blocks both on the ball and on the weak side, but everything else is really raw.

I would consider it a successful night if he gets 6 pts, 6 reb, and 2 blocks.

USA basketball will post live streams of all of the exhibition games on their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/usabasketball/

The first game will be 7pm central on Sunday. The 2nd game will be on 9pm Central on Tuesday.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nobody said Argentina was the team to beat. I said 'Argentina is one of the better teams'. According to the current FIBA Rankings, they're #4.

So which one of us are heavily, I mean very heavily r****ded?

[​IMG]

20. DMO (DJ remix)

These rating are calculated for years, hence if you were good for long, you won't drop down all of a sudden, IE: Russia is good example, when they couldn't even make out of group in Euro championship. So yes, please gloat more about US beating old ass Argentina.