1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coming down to Houston to Help One of Our Own

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Jun 17, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm coming to Houston the 4th of July weekend and on the 6th of July will be helping Clutchfan rhester fix his house that was flooded by the Brazos River from the floods in May (hopefully not from being flooded again by Bill).

Rhester doesn't post very much anymore but for those who know him he's a great guy who has helped a lot of other people. I got to know him from some pretty involved debates with him on D&D where we were on opposite sides. Through all of that though he was always civil and honest (both are in rare supply these days on the D&D) and a guy I came to respect. After Hurricane Ike his church helped to host a group of U of MN Architecture students that I brought to Surfside Beach to repair homes. He was a great host and showed my group a great time along with some great food. Thanks to him some kids from Minnesota and North Dakota got to try fresh crab and shrimp for the first time.

I know Clutchfans have helped others through Clutch Community so if anyone has time on July 6 we would be happy for your help in fixing up rhester's house. Will be looking to help reset a corner of his house where the foundation blocks are skewed along with replacing some joists. Rhester has promised some good food too.

I'm talking to Batman Jones who has a friend who is both a cancer victim and house was flooded. She might need some help too so if an opportunity comes up we might post something here.

Besides those two things would be happy to say hi to Clutchfans while I'm down in Houston. Will be in town from the evening of July 3rd to early morning July 7th. Still working out my schedule but will be happy to hang out with people.

#1 rocketsjudoka, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Judos to you for doing this. I will do my best to help out. Sorry for what you're going through, rhester!

EDIT: that was a typo, but I'm keeping it cause that's an awesome typo. :)

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That is one of the more impressive typos I have seen. I thought it was a clever play on words. You should have left off your edit.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Judos indeed, man. You've always put actions behind your words and I salute you. I'll be in Alaska that week though but I sure hope you get a good showing of support.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What needs to be done & what zip code?

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Over 10 years ago I met rocketsjudoka(back when he was Sishir) for a playoff watch party in Minneapolis at some sportsbar in the Mall of America. "Rox fan trapped in MN" was also there I believe. We lost the game and later the series to the facking Mavs :(

Anyway, rocketsjudoka is a really good person. Props to you.

7. hvic

hvic Member

wish i could help but I will be out of town for my birthday

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Part of rhester's house is supported by concrete blocks and those blocks have gotten skewed during the flooding. Will need to jack up that part of the house, reset and re-mortar those blocks. Some of the floor joists were damaged and need to be replaced. Rhester is providing all of the materials just needs some muscle to help.

He lives in the South part of town towards Lake Jackson. I don't know his zip code. He probably doesn't want his address listed publicly so once we figure out who can help. We can either pick a public place near his house or message people privately.

Thanks for offering to help.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Shouldn't have told us it was a typo. I was going to rep you for cleverness.

Thanks for offering to help. Once we get the details worked out will let you know the location.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yeah I remember that game. That was the infamous Finley out of bounds game. :mad:

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

well done judo.

Give our best to hester. Ask him to post more once he's finished mopping up.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Just heard from rhester that they're going to have evacuate again this weekend. I will post if anything changes.

He's seen this thread and appreciates the offers to help.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Been talking to Rhester and it sounds like everything is fine from the last round of flooding, at least not worse. Planning now on the afternoon of Sunday July 5. Probably work from about 3 to 7 followed by BBQ. If that works for those of you who expressed an interest let me know. I will message you privately with final details as they get resolved.