1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[TV Summer 2015] Shows to Watch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jun 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, Killjoys was decent for a summer show. You are right about it being cliche after cliche, but it was better than nothing as far as I'm concerned.

As to a season 2, there might not be one, that decision hasn't been made yet that I know of.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I do like it much more.
    The Mystery is a little deeper and the actors a bit better
    I am very interested what's going on with the people of Dark Matter

Killjoys have been Too lucky or too smart after building their enemies are overly competent and powerful . . . .They seem to get away all the time

Where as with Dark Matter the cliche's seems to enhance
    I am more interested in 1 . . . thought her return was eye rolling it was expected
    But now she is MORE intriguing not less
    Whereas
    Once when found the source of ole boys PTSD . . he became less interesting

Rocket River

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd agree with this regarding 1 (the character)... they could have really screwed up that cliched return, but they made it somewhat interesting.

But overall, the cliche's on Dark Matter seemed to be more than on Killjoys. Every character from 1 through whatever, plus the droid are straight out of textbook or something. Asian dude, geeky computer kid, sensitive guy, etc.

I'm entertained by and watching both, since I appreciate what they are and are not... I just still find Killjoys more compelling. Maybe it's because they have a bigger budget (do they?), but the world is at least much more built out.

Obviously neither move the needle a ton, and it continues to be disappointing that there isn't that killer Sci-fi show, but they are what they are, and we'll keep watching as time permits.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True this not exactly 1 and 1a

More like 8 and 9

Rocket River

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So to the very few who watched all 5 seasons of Falling Skies, what did you think?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It was OK. Not sorry I watched.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Entertaining. Better than some other shows that have lasted 5 years.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think I was obligation watching at season 2. I thought it was ok, but I would never recommend this show to any genre fan.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I used to watch it because of Moon Bloodgood and ER doctor Wyle but I must say I cannot get myself to really like the alien concept of both

Falling Skies and Defiance. I will still be watching them but they are not high on my list.

I turned to crime/mob genre recently and binge watched Person of Interest and Blacklist which I missed out throughout the years.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've slowly been watching The Knick on HBO GO.

It's a really really really great show.

It shows you what excellent acting, and more importantly, amazing directing, can do. It's just so on-point. And interesting.

I would recommend it to anyone.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Need to watch that, I was very curious about it but not enough to pay for Cinemax.....

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Ending of Defiance was disappointing

I am intrigued by the ending of Dark Matter
    I had my SAY IT AIN'T SO MOMENT
    and am interested to see how it plays out

Rocket River

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I dropped Dark Matter when they got into all that chick dreaming as other people. Just didn't find it entertaining.

Humans was pretty damn good however, really liked that show and hope it comes back.

Falling Skies ended rather neatly, I thought the final could have been a little more compelling but the last minute or two were fitting.

Still sticking with Hell on Wheels. I guess the finale is this weekend. Looks like it's going to get nasty with Bohannon and the Swede.

I'm looking forward to The Colony after seeing those of those adverts. Hope it doesn't suck!

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Dark Matter had me, I thought the brother was cool but he ended up snitching them all out.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You guys gotta watch Power, has to be one of the best summer shows next to Suits.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've watched a lot of TV, if they don't kill the black guy they make him a traitor. I knew it was Six! I was saying it was Six up until the point when he got drugged, then I wasn't so sure. To be fair, I don't think Six is a bad guy. I think he loves Five too much to dime her out. This has to be a ploy to get closer to the guy he wants to kill.

I'm glad they renewed this show for another season. If Helix can get multiple seasons, Killjoys and Dark Matter should get multiple seasons.

17. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Link to renewal? I was on Joseph Mallozzi's web blog the other day, he had an article on how they shot the vent scene with 5. In that article he said season 2 is written, but they have not been renewed yet.

never mind, i went to his blog to check the spelling of his name and it showed his tweet about renewal from today.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know they have a couple of OUTS
    1. The first is One - He demonstrates that making your self look like someone else is not that hard in this time period. So it might not be Six at all. When they go off ship they are not always together
    2. The Cloning and sending your mind thing. Since Six has done it .. . his genetic info is there for them to do it again except with someone else's mind.

I am hoping they do one of those type of things
    a bit cliche but moreso than him being the Traitor
    I cannot see what he gains . . .. .. I doubt he get a pardon

Rocket River

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still waiting for a Scifi show that can come close to Lost or PB or BB greatness.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Expanse looks interesting

Rocket River