1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clutchfans Cease fire and Peace Accord Signing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Gentlemen and Gentlemen who sometimes act like ladies,

It's officially time for all of us to call a peace treaty on this LOF vs HOF vs Rockets Fan nonsense. I have to say I've enjoyed some of the oneupsmanship of the agenda game--sometimes helps the work day pass much quicker, but its just getting silly now.

Whether you guys like it or not we are all in this together. Real rockets fans we need Jeremy, Harden, Tony and everyone else on this roster to play well if we're really going to succeed.

LOFs your agenda will only go as far as the Houston Rockets. The Jeremy Lin hate will always exist in the world. I he were verging 20-8-5 on a losing team, eventually the hate would come and thy would say "well he's not a winner."

Look guys we have the youngest team in the league. Let me repeat THE YOUNGEST team in the league. There will be some ups an downs this season, no doubt. Right now were in a big upswing starting from the NYK game. The only letdown was OKC and we had a legit reason there after that wild 24 hour.

What I've loved most during this run I how we're playing as a team. We're learning to trust one another and not point fingers. Someone having a bad game, someone else steps up. One player sees another player hot, "you close the game." You rarely find that quality in a team this young. Enjoy this moment. I think this is the start of something big...

This is one time I really hope no matter what Morey stays pat at the deadline. This team needs time to grow together for a season. No fear or anxiety of being moved. See how the season pans out then go after that free agent. Make sure he fits our system an not making our item fit him.

We're 10-8, looking like a team that can contend for the playoffs, when nobody expected us to. I look back at a couple I out losses this season an we could easily be 12-6 if we had more experience.

So I know there are some factions of LOF and LOH who are gonna fire off rocket into enemy territory just because they're miserable and so stubborn about their agendas...but I hope for the majority of us we can stay away from those threads and just let them drop. That's the beauty of message boards. A much as you want to reply...you don't have to an the threads really go away. It just takes discipline and a concerted effort.

Reply and sign here whether you've participated or not in the back and forth an would just like a cease fire.

Until DM says otherwise this is our team an it time to support everyone equally.

5 people like this.
  2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

GREAT POST!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Shawndme7

Does that mean you're signing?;)

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wit so much drama on tha Lin-DMZ, it's kinda hard bein pip-d-a-g-m-p......but i, somehow someway, keep bombin on L-O-H fools like ery single day

1 person likes this.
  5. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

i feil bad fer LOF.........but if they talk bout him playin on da Lakers or Knicks.........thats war.....policey ur own and expos trollz like LinMVP

1 person likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Being outplayed by Tony Douglas is starting to become a trend :cool:

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I abstain. Can't I just be a normal Rockets fan? I don't want to be a LOF or a LOH. Sometimes I like Lin, sometimes I don't.

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

BraveFox, I like this meme of you. I am for ceasefire . . . even if i dont join the battles.

9. RoxD

RoxD Member

Enjoy the game, appreciate the efforts and skills of the players, and stay a loyal fan to the team.

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This is true. Personally, the haters and luvers just screw up my reading actual bb insight posts.

11. Shawndme7

I tried....

Already see where this thread is going.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

People who aren't from Houston become ?OF first. Just part of the deal. Some will move with the player and some will become Rockets fans. Either way we need em.

I was an Akeem fan first.

1 person likes this.
  13. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

How about Ladies, like posters who are actually female? :)

I appreciate your intent. Unfortunately, people apparently would much prefer to fight and troll each other than get along and actually get behind this young and exciting team. :( I mean, people rated your thread down.....go figure. I just hope these people are young, immature kids and not actually grown ups acting like little, immature kids....

So, thank you for trying. I certainly sign on (even tho, as a lady, I was not addressed in your post. :p). And I thank God daily for the ignore list. :grin:

14. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I admit I was LOF but an objective one. I went to Kentucky and only watched college hoops which made me a hobby to be loyal to a team. I found Houston is much more likable than Knicks, but I’m still very proud that Knicks is doing well and hope they don’t start Amare even when he’s healthy. It was hell of a game last night. TD and Smith were awesome. Lin has not played to his contract but 25 mill is nothing compared to the profit Houston generates off the court plus they are still far away from cap. Let the organization make their money off Lin. Last night shows the coaches were willing to minimize starters’ minutes when the benches were on fire. They should make TD a SG. Even though PP was our boy but he’s a defensive liability. He really needs to work on rebound and defense. I still can’t believe Smith was undraft. Morey knows what he’s doing. I smell a play off.

15. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Nice try :)

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You're trying to reason with people here? Hahahahahahahahahaha not going to work.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

One of the biggest problems is the labeling of a Lin-only-hater in the first place. Honestly, these are just Rockets fans with misleading label. The Rockets had better PGs the past two years with Lowry and Dragic. And there's the perception, wrong perception but still what people thinks, that the Rockets chose Lin over Dragic. Plus, Lin has not played well. Yes, I defend him here and believes he'll be more productive in the future. But that doesn't change the fact that he's been below average to downright sucking for the first 17 games.

The hate on Lin is no different from all the fire McHale threads or let Jones play over Patterson/Morris threads or any other gazillion knee-jerk baseless threads we've had over the years. It's only due to the influx of Lin fans(I never want to say LOFs because many have adopted the Rockets as a team to follow), the perception becomes skewed.

The anti-Lin sentiments here don't seem to be any worse than any other poor-performing Rockets in the past. You want to see how much crap got dumped on Patterson or Martin or Budinger or Brooks or just about every Rocket who's ever had a bad game? They're just as hate-filled, knee-jerk, many times non-sensical as Lin bashing so far. The only difference is that there's no group of fans with great allegience to these players like they do with Jeremy Lin. Except for Yao, the origin of the term in first place.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I appreciate the sentiment. Though seriously, trying to find a spark of reasoning from Clutchfans and most internet boards will make you lose hope in HUMANITY if you try to directly relate it to REAL life.

I more or less blame the false prophet vets of the board who SHOULD KNOW BETTER, who try to look like a "man of the people" but they're the most agenda filled agitators WILLINGLY mixing it up, even MORE than the newer fans. Elitism just for the sake of it

(I have over 10,000 messages on this internet board, so I can't absolve myself too much if at all ) But just call it what it is, pathetic disguised troll attempts for relevance over objectivity.

Right. Pretty much all you can do

1 person likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't hate Lin. Watching his interviews, how can you not root for him?

But we acquired him before we knew Harden would be here. Getting the two to mesh will take time, especially since the coaches are befuddled with what to do with Lin. (Psst: just let him attack the basket!)

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL I personally don't understand all of this LOH LOF stuff. The only categories I put people into are great posters, decent posters and /ignore.