1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take those Analytics and shove it Morey!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, May 24, 2016.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Congratulations to Westbrook on showing how heart beats those analytics and calculations. People called him a chucker and Westbrick. What i saw is a star that showed he wasn't going to give up. Even if the boys in North Dallas do not win the series they definitely should be proud, they're the only franchise so far to put fear into the hearts of Golden State. We have alot of work to do if we are going to get even close to that level. Anyone else feel like Morey is still the Genius behind the roster we need?

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey would love WB to be on the Rockets..

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're not correct here bro.

YOU NEED ANALYTICS.

What is wrong is using subjective numbers (individualized algorithms) in a vacuum devoid of context and passing it off as "facts". The numbers need to help us better understand the reality not the other way around.

I actually wish Morey was more analytic friendly, makes no sense to after stars as opposed to competent 3pt shooters .

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

But yea, to idiots like larsv8 that don't believe in chemistry or heart because they aren't "quantifiable" should just sterilize themselves and stop posting here.

Our greatest quote was never underestimate the heart of a champion.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha. Yeah, Morey's keeps the rockets from having high enough draft picks to pick up a player like WB. If Morey could have WB on this team, he would give both his nuts and maybe an inch or two to do so. Anyone would.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Morey coveted Westbrook coming out of UCLA.... and Westbrook is also a favorite of analytics.... Congrats on exposing yourself as a jackass.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

"jackass?" Give yourself a timeout before I give you an infraction.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I just remember a few homers on here as soon as last week claiming that Harden was better than Westbrook. Westbrook is the heart and soul of that team, when they sacrifice their bodies and play all out, they are following their leader Russell.

When the Rockets play lazy and with zero effort, they are following their leader Harden.

1 person likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Clear as day honestly, one of the best lead by example series I have seen in a while.

But its something you saw and is labeled as the "eye test" lmao.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This is what happens when your stars care more about winning than hitting the club up.

I wish I could remember what that felt like as a fan.

11. Harden's beard

Westbrrok is def better this season, but Harden has been better in the last two years.

Westbrook doesn't even have 1st All NBA-team selection yet, and probably this year is gonna be his first. Congrats to him, but he has Durant as his teammate, who does Harden have?

12. Harden's beard

This is what happen when you actually have TWO SUPERSTARS playing in a same team, with great role players, with great coach in Billy Donovan and one of the best GMs in the league.

I wish I could remember what that felt like as a fan.

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

Oh shut up. You weren't saying this when Westbrook missed the playoffs with Durant.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What about Adams (12th) and Ibaka (21)? Do any of Morey picks match up to those 2?

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe you should pay attention, Westbrook had a good record that year and almost willed his team to the Playoffs. He missed 15 games when OKC went 5-10. In the games he did play OKC was 42-27 which is great and on pace for 50 wins.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What did Morey say about Westbrook?

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You're insane if you think the Thunder missing the playoffs had anything to do with Westbrook.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

isn't this the gm who traded james harden to some team for the #11 pick in the draft? that other gm must be a genius. :grin:

19. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

These guys are mainly the product of coaching, which everyone knows we are terrible at. Fingers crossed we can fix it.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm going to guess nothing and that if he did he would say he definitely wants westbrook on the team. funny how morey gets criticized for star-chasing and then a thread like this acts like he wouldn't want westbrook.