1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Im afraid Billy D is a way better coach than Kerr. OKC is a sure win.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I start to think that but then I try to imagine them beating this OKC team three in a row and just can't see it with the way the Thunder stole their souls in these last two games.

This isn't one team playing out of its mind against a better team that is just not focusing. This is a team showing the world the blueprint (talent required) on how to beat the other team.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Overall ATO would not be a good comparison because they dont all have a full shot clock, not just because the d is set.

I think Donovan did it on full shot clocks when Kerr called a TO after a made basket.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Warriors win tomorrow and it's a 3-2 series. I think game 6 will be the big game of the series - one that will come down to the wire. Probably a classic.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably 6 game series or even 7 but I cannot shake the feeling that the Warriors are a tad broken

OKC broke a good part of them :cool:

6. ibm

ibm Member

the series ends tomorrow. book it. :)

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah but Curry's injured doe, amirite?

8. jsingles

jsingles Member

Warriors a 7.5 point favorite last I looked. I think they win, but I think it's close throughout.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think GSW has a chance to make a come back tbh

when those threes fall, who knows what can happen. If they win tomorrow, it's a must win IMO for game 6 for OKC.

this is far from over

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I have a strange feeling the Warriors come back and take it. It would be a very Warriors thing to do.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

true that but I also got a feeling OKC will demolish any hopes

it is really depending on day form and how good Warriors can contain them in the next games to come

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

These conference finals have surprised me game after game. The crazy thing is any scenario seems plausible, from close endings to blowouts in either direction. At this point I have no idea what to expect which makes it pretty entertaining.

13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I have a feeling the Warriors are gonna win the series just to be annoying. :/

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

There's a difference being hurt and injured. I saw Curry being unable to shake Steven Adams one on one. That's all I needed to see to know that he's well below 100%, but then again, I'm also not one of these GSW/Curry haters that have been popping left and right on ClutchFans now that the Warriors are down 3-1 in this series. If you genuinely believe that Adams can guard Curry when Steph is 100%, you're living in your own world, congratulations.

15. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Warriors ain't gonna come back from 1:3. This Thunder team are too good right now to lose 3 in a row. Warriors are done.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think the only way the Warriors win is to have their ridiculous run against play 3s fall early in the second half.

When Klay and Steph get those back-to-back-to-back-to-back long bombs which come against the run of play and go in even though the other team is playing great defense - it demoralises the opposition.

You can see it when players throw their hands up in frustration as another 3 ball hits nothing but net.

After this happens it's sort of like the other team thinks 'what's the point' and all of a sudden their pressure isn't the same, and what do you know everything becomes a hell of a lot easier for GS - and in two minutes the blow out is on.

OKC are effectively nullifying those demoralising and back breaking 3s with their length on the switches and harrassment of Curry.

Two games in a row that OKC have never taken their foot off the gas, two games in a row they're confident throughout, two games in a row it's been a blowout.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Of course Downtown Sniper would say that.

If there's a team capable of a historic comeback, these Warriors would be it. It still seems pretty unlikely though. They can win Game 5. But they could also lose it. And they'd be up against it for Game 6.

I'm pretty conflicted. On the one hand, it's hilarious to watch the darlings getting spanked. On the other, I'm sworn an undying enmity with the Thunder. Another Warriors championship would make me roll my eyes, but the prospect of a Thunder championship makes me mad. I guess I can pull for Lebron.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ESPN appears to be in full euology mode for the Warriors... recalling when things were great and how they long for them to be great again.

If I was an OKC fan, I'd be tremendously annoyed. 95% of their analysis is what the Warriors need to do... while 5% discusses what OKC actually has done to get it where it is.

19. ibm

ibm Member

what else is new.

this makes me almost feel bad for the warriors, not the other way around. :cool:

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. OKC has to absolutely take the crowd out of the game, as well, after the typical Curry/Thompson X-in-a-row makes from 3. Otherwise, all the GSW players will feed off the crowd, turning the small snowball into a ridiculous boulder.