1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Rockets backcourt duo of the last 20 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chef_Monteur, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Which backcourt duo would you take?

1. Smith/Mad Max

10 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Smith/Drexler

51 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Francis/Mobley

11 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Rafer/Tmac

12 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Lowry/Martin

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Lin/Harden

76 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

What say you, Rockets fans?

2. adamzee

adamzee Member

if either harden or lin has a bad game, it'll be back to bashing morey. throw in a couple of snide racist remarks as well, judging by the current mod inaction of allowing all the other racist remarks that have gone unpunished.

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Chill, my magic 8-ball says we won't be losing a game for awhile.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

See a comment you don't like, report it. b****ing about it accomplishes nothing.

5. adamzee

adamzee Member

plenty have reported them. the offenders are still posting. b****ing justified.

6. rob1

rob1 Member

oh please dont give lin all that credit, at least not yet. i understand that a lot of people in this forum are asian, i am asian myself but lets keep the bias out of it.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Francis and Mobley, seriously? Good individual players, sure. Helping the team win, not so much. They were fun to watch and with the teammates they had, I understand why Rudy T let them do their thing but hardly the best backcourt duo.

Lin & Harden at least play off of each other and will probably go down as top 3 best backcourt in Rockets history, if not #1. Rafer & Tracy was good but only have the 2008 winning streak to show for it. However, right now Kenny & Max have proven for years they were a winning back court with both having good scoring and assist numbers. Kenny & Clyde was too short of a time frame since in 95-96 injuries happened and Kenny left after that season.

8. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

agreed

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Clyde was past his prime when he got here.Smith was with us for short while after the clyde and otis thorpe trade.On potental this is the best, because i never liked francis and Mobley's 2 on 5 style ball hogging between eachother.

10. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Agreed on the first part. But seriously, Lin and Harden have played a grand total of two games together and you're already getting ready to crown them as the best backcourt in Rockets history? Hope, sure, I have my hopes up. But no need to put so much pressure on those two...

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rafer got hosed with his pairing.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

A lot of young votes here. As much as I love what's going on with our backcourt right now, they can't hold a candle to Drexler/Smith (yet).

13. Allegro

Allegro Member

I voted for Lin/Harden over Smith/Drexler but it was close.

Drexler was probably better than Harden. Yes, better. You may object that Harden is so much more efficient, but: (1) the Beard has only had two games as a starter; and (2) Clyde did his damage in a much more physical league, when hand checking was legal and the referees allowed much more mayhem than we see now. If Clyde were playing today he would be unstoppable.

However, I think Lin is already a better playmaker than Kenny Smith (who was no slouch), and that tips the balance.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I love Kenny, but he was a complete abomination defensively by the time Glide got here.

Still knew how to hit a three though.

15. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

Smith is so overrated, the only reason why he still got some hype is due the fact that Olajuwon carried his butt. He's the same dude who got outplayed by every single point guard he faced during the '94 and '95 playoffs.

16. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Wow, lot's of votes for Francis/Mobley. An entertaining backcourt duo, but not sure I would pick them over some of the other options.

17. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

You guys r****ded it's Francis/Mobley hands down going off this list. You can't say Lin/Harden yet because they haven't played enough.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow no Brooks/Martin

That no defense all offense duo was crazy to watch. Threes raining everywhere

19. bongman

bongman Member

Have to disagree. Remember the NBA ruling change - illegal offense? It was because of them. We would take everybody to one side and have either Cuttino or Francis work one on one on the other side. They made some amazing plays and scored a lot but that was it. They never made their team mates better.

20. Sen89

Sen89 Member

These voting results show the lack of knowledge and objectivity on here