1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And here it is. RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl">mcclain_on_nfl</a>: The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/311957722654466049">March 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Anxiety Trooper

Lol. Leverage

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

4. 713

713 Member

Houston has great history in going after players with Beards!

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

And boom goes the dynamite.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's too old, prefer Quin for long-term value. Unless we're in-it-to-win-it this year, which umm, judging by what's been happening, we're not, Reed doesn't excite me.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Huh? Letting Casey go and going after Ed Reed indicates that we're not in it to win it?

Glover Quin will never be a perennial pro bowl caliber player. Nice starter, that's it. Ed Reed at 34 is better than Quin will ever be. You take Reed and his play-making ability in a heartbeat and draft a safety to groom behind him. This is absolutely a win now move.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

he has 2 or 3 more years in him. there's no reason to worry about the future beyond then.

unless you are going to dismantle and rebuild, for better or for worse, they are built to "win now".

i'd take him in a heartbeat.

9. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Friend of AJ is welcome by me.

10. 713

713 Member

lets go after ray lewis as well

11. Anxiety Trooper

He ain't going anywhere. He's setting the market price. Once Houston makes an offer he will take it to the Ravens for them to match.

12. today

today Contributing Member

I'm hoping for no longer than a 2 year deal

13. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

^^^ you know I hate to lose Glover, but screw long-term value

Ed Reed can still play at level greater than 90% of the safeties in the league

Our window of opportunity is now.

14. today

today Contributing Member

Reed has intangibles too, which is a plus.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They could try and win now, they should, I have yet to see a single reason to believe that though. Not this year, not last year. If we get Reed, okay, but that isn't the case.

Again, this team's MO has not been win now at any point. Their actions validate that.

16. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Just imagine the blitz's wade runs knowing that hes got ed reed covering the ocean in the backfield...that would be beautiful

17. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I personally think this year wore on Reed with the media circus around Ray Lewis all year. Ed Reed is a much better player on the field and has had a better career but everyone only cared about Ray Lewis and his pregame dancing. I still think Reed will end up signing with the Ravens but he'd be a good leader for the Texans to have.

18. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Texans go for Nnamdi and he can play our FS spot! He's Younger and less injury prone!

19. Anxiety Trooper

I agree. But all that matters is at the end of the day Reed will be a Raven.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think Reed easily has a Pro Bowl caliber 2 years left.

I also believe Reed is willing to leave the Ravens, and he'd want to go to a contender. And the Ravens are willing to let it happen because of their cap situation.

And yes, Reed for 2 years now would be way better than Quin's best 2 seasons of his upcoming career. The question is the price tag. If he costs us Barwin and any other impact FA (be it LB, OL, or WR)...is it worth it?

I think if we can snag Reed and 1 other even medium impact player at a position of need...it's a win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.