1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's not to like about Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killakim, Nov 3, 2012.

1. killakim

killakim Member

http://www.thedreamshake.com/tdspla...ke-the-rockets-own-chandler-parsons-previewed

Came across this article about CP. He compares his game to KD and his stat line to Iggy, what do you guys think?

I generally agree and have always felt CP was a great player. I think his projected numbers go down since Harden, but his assists should go up this year, as well as more open 3s to raise his percentage to maybe 36 this year. Without Harden, this is the player I expected to break out the most.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He's solid...am I the only one who sees Tayshaun Prince potential?

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

He hasn't looked good me so far

4. nono

nono Member

His offensive game is very average. Only reason he stays on the floor is because his defense is almost elite.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

He needs to perfect his 3pt shot and maybe develop a jumper.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Scoring isn't the only thin that is important in basketball. The turnovers will decrease just too many new players in the starting line up. He is doing just fine.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i've seen it before, i think it's pretty fair. he's not there, but he could be.

8. Beard

Beard Member

If he can start hitting those 3s look out

9. killakim

killakim Member

I think a lot of you guys are downplaying his passing and playmaking ability. Yes, his shot wasn't falling the past 2 games, but that's can and will change. Aside from his early freethrow woes last year, he has put up solid shooting numbers. He is also a very capable slasher.

I think he can be a better passing Prince.

10. famicom

famicom Member

I don't think so...
    [​IMG]

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG][/IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. roxxy

roxxy Member

There is a lot more to basketball than scoring the ball. A great pass is more helpful to a team that is trying to win over a shot. He was always a streaky shooter last year. The fact that he had the balls to take that final 3 in the Hawks game & the fact that Lin willingly gave him the ball shows the confidence this team has in one another & Chandlers confidence in himself. He is young & will only get better and is an absolute STEAL at the price we are paying him. This team isn't winning much anyway might as well be patient with everyone.

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

That is what i tried to say in my post above. Scoring isn't everything!

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He looks good to me.

Besides his lackluster shot making ability to start the season (anyone who expects him to be an offensive presence is going to be sorely disappointed anyways), he hasn't slacked off at all in every other department.

He is averaging 9 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals so far in these two games.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Parsons looked a little out of control yesterday, but he is still doing a bunch of other stuff on the court.

I like him alot.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Glue guy. Need him.

17. devilsdandruff

Trevor Ariza?

18. thekad

thekad Member

If he can develop into a Luol Deng (best case), that would be great for the team and our starting 3 spot will be set.

On the other hand, he's already 24. I'm not sure how much better he will get.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

that's a good call. something within reach and a worthy goal for this team

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

That is silly. Lin is 24 & everybody firmly believes he will only get better. Tony Parker just had his best season last year at age 30.